Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

too much work

Stress is part of life, management of life is not easy. How do you effectively manage work and life? I have yet to find a solution.

Melissa,
I have found trying separate them is difficult. The stress relief activities and techniques are the same for both. The secret is to lead a balanced life with good health habits, exercise. mental relaxation and spiritual rejuvenation completes a well rounded life.

Dr. Gary Carlson

It's very important to leave work at work and try to find something to relax you on a daily bases.

Erica,
Our lives should be balanced with healthy activity. The balance is with good health habits of mental activity, exercise, recreation and spiritual rejuvenation. If we can balance our lives with these habits we can control stress a unwanted saboteurs on our lives.

Dr. Gary Carlson

This may sound odd, but there have been times that I have simply gone for a walk around the parking lot to release before going home.

Angel,

There is nothing wrong with stepping back for a while. Good for you!

Dr. Gary Carlson

My work is very intensive in library services, cataloguing and others tasks. when I leave work try to find something to relax,but some times I had to get the work to home.

Neida,

Working from home may be necessary but when excessive it will be of a concern. The other part of working from home may not always be stressful but actually enjoyable.

Dr. Gary Carlson

I often find that this is the hardest part of the job. As an adjunct faculty member, I find it difficult to leave work at work. Since I do not have an office, only a mailbox, I have no choice other than to bring my work home. I do try to stay as organized as possible with different folders and binders for the different classes that I teach. I also try to keep my work in the office only and my living spaces for relaxation and enjoyment. I have noticed that when I make time for physical activity, I do not feel as stressed. Exercise is a key to reducing stress levels. Sometimes it can be hard to fit it in when I am juggling the work schedule. Life can be a challenge at times.

Christine,

We all need balance in our lives. When considering how these activities work you need to carry on with the balance of exercise, good health habits, mental leisure activity and spiritual rejuvenation.

Dr. Gary Carlson

Sign In to comment