Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

stress

Some call a job stress, I call it passion....

What kind of stressors do you have in your current position? How do you handle them?

It may be passion, and it may cause you to react, but sometimes it is actual job stress

Having stress at work is normal. I try to give myself sometime to calm down then put a game plan together and go from there. I find just having a plan can decease my stress.

There is stress in every job. Finding a role that fits your personality type (such as Meyers-Briggs) can be a huge factor. I have found that self-awareness is key to picking a role you can be passionate about, navigate through positive stresses and eliminate opportunities for burn out. Also, I find that cycling can be very therapeutic.

I feel that stress is sometimes good it keeps you on you on your toes and I also go to the river for relaxation to relieve my stress.

Stress is in every job, you as the individual need to find your way to handle it. I find running very helpful to release stress.

I agree with this as it is also how I approach things, even down to cycling being therapeutic.

Stopping by the Y for a short swim is my wonderful way of de-stressing

Work stress is something I can manage, Family and home stress that involve constantly changing demands and needs is another matter. Put it all together and the stress meter is on overload.

stress is good and bad. it's how you handle it, is what's important.

With working in the IT field, I have many stressors. It could be a deadline for something or something happening between coworkers. There are many stressors that can cause stress to build up. For me, I like to do certain activities that allow me to take my mind off of things and unwind. For me, I am an outdoorsman. I like to hunt and fish for some fun and relaxation. It is important to know what activities would personally help you. Once you find them, utilize them.

Sign In to comment