Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

Successful Interviews | Origin: CS102

This is a general discussion forum for the following learning topic:

Empowering Students to Find and Secure the Right Job --> Successful Interviews

Post what you've learned about this topic and how you intend to apply it. Feel free to post questions and comments too.

I enjoyed reading possible questions for the interviewer. I found this helpful as most people struggle to ask the company they are applying for useful questions. I also enjoyed learning about the importance of teaching students communication styles and how it is more non verbal than verbal. 

I'm looking forward to accessing all these resources at the end of the module!

It is important to coach students how to answer Standard Interview Questions effectively in class, mock interviews with business/industry partners, or just responding to questions with friends, siblings and/or parents/guardians.  The more practice students have in preparation before their actual interviews will help students feel more confident and hopefully their practice responses will help them successfully answer the questions asked of them.

It's not what was presented that was most valuable to me.  It was the flow of how to conduct the classes.  Excellent!

I liked how when looking at interview questions, you have to make sure students understand there is "more to the question".  For example, "What are your strengths?", the employer is looking to see that you are will be an asset for their company.  It is important to practice with students, to build confidence as they continue on with the job interview process.

I learned that is very important to do mock interviews with them to fully prepared them, and also review the do's and dont's with them

I learned the do's and dont's and also effective questions to ask at the end of an interview. 

This section has great resources for the explaining the rationale behind interviews and how to prepare students for different interviewing scenarios. 

I'm happy to see that we ask the majority of these questions during the mock interviews we conduct with students. I learned some new questions to ask the interviewer that I will share with my students. 

I enjoyed reading through this module. It reassures the importance of prepration and pratice. It is important to always remind students to prepare and practice as much as possible leading up to their interview date. This can determine whether the move on to durther interviews or not.

I loved the sample interview questions and the examples of how to implement this in the classroom.

I like the idea of mock interviews and the sample questions that I can use in my classroom.  I have attempted this on a small scale or with guest speakers, but I feel that I should incorporate a larger activity with these questions.

I found the Do's and Don't list valuable for including in lessons with students.  Also, I will remind students to NOT list jobs that do not relate to the job that they are pursuing.

Before going to an interview its best to be prepared with a list of question to ask the employer as well. They should feel like they are also being interviewed.

I definitely like the idea of a mock interview for students and I liked the questions that students can ask the employer.

I agree with Mary, I am looking forward to the Resources.

I appreciate that it addressed many common scenarios from multiple perspectives (interviewer, interviewee, etc.). 

I like the ideas for questioning the interviewer!

I like the things pointed to do before interviewing. Looking online and geting more information is a good thing. Sometimes interviewers like to ask what you know about the company!

Sign In to comment
Related Learning Opportunities