Fulfilling Ethical Responsibilities | Origin: CM104
This is a general discussion forum for the following learning topic:
Compliant Interactions: Acting with Integrity --> Fulfilling Ethical Responsibilities
Post what you've learned about this topic and how you intend to apply it. Feel free to post questions and comments too.
In my role I plan on practicing ethical considerations by being fair and consistent and highly encouraging others to do the same.
Fulfilling ethical responsibilities means making decisions and acting in ways that are honest, fair, respectful, and compliant with established policies and professional standards. I learned that ethical behavior is not only about following rules, but also about considering how our actions may affect students, coworkers, patients, and the organization as a whole.
In my role, I intend to apply this by being consistent and transparent when making decisions, protecting confidential information, avoiding conflicts of interest, and treating everyone fairly.
By conducting all interviews in accordance to the standard guidelines and treating all candidates equally, it eliminates the risk of prospective students feeling they were treated differently or singled out.
This module reminded me that our role is to accurately inform students and be transparent. The school's reputation and funding depend on all faculty, staff, and processes aligning with established policies and procedures so every student experiences the same "truth" about the institution and a consistent customer experience.
I learned more about the regulatory triad from this module. I was also reminded of how important it is to remember all aspects of integrity. Integrity doesn't just apply to the regulatory policies we have in place, but also being transparent, kind, honest, and respectful to all students and all members of their academic teams.
This module reinforced the importance of fulfilling our ethical responsibilities as professionals in the international education field. I learned that ethical decision-making requires honesty, transparency, respect, and a commitment to acting in the best interests of students. It is also important to recognize potential conflicts of interest, protect student information, provide accurate information, and avoid making promises or claims that could mislead students or their families.
This module reminded me the importance of honesty, integrity and transparency when communicating with prospective students as well as my colleagues. The trust built out of honest and transparent communication goes a long way for recruiting students as well as maintaining a positive public perception of the organization. It also helps to avoid losing accreditation when the students are fully aware of school and program expectations, tuition and fees, as well as what the anticipated outcomes are for completing the program.
This module reinforced the importance of maintaining high ethical standards in every aspect of my profession. I understand that acting with integrity, treating others with respect, communicating professionally, and following established policies are all essential to providing quality service and building trust in the workplace.
This section taught the importance of trust, transparency, and ethical admissions practices. We learned that schools should provide honest information about programs, requirements, and student responsibilities. It also emphasized the role of accreditation, mission statements, and the support of students in making informed decisions.
This section taught about how honest and integral methods are the very foundations that create an enviornment suitable, not only for students but teachers alike. This general teaching can easily be applied in practice, rather than taking an easy way out or doing things simply because one benefits you more, whether financially or physically, instead taking those extra steps and ensuring that the enviornment stays a trusting and educational one.
This course takes you back to the core of morals and integrity One must always be transparent, honest
and don't be afraid to say you don't know the answer when asked a question you aren't sure about and get right back to them when you find the right answer.
This training reinforced for me that ethical behavior is the foundation of higher education. It reminded me that integrity means more than following policies and regulations—it also requires honesty, fairness, respect, and transparency in everything I do. I gained a better understanding of the Regulatory Triad, the role of state agencies and accreditors, and the importance of compliance and accountability. Most importantly, it reaffirmed my commitment to upholding Gurnick Academy's mission and values while maintaining the highest ethical standards for our students and colleagues.
I believe this helped me understand that the institutions best practices are to behave with honesty and integrity
Our role is to accurately inform students and be transparent. It is vital to the school's reputation and funding resources that all faculty, staff, and processes align with established policies and procedures so that every student experiences the same "truth" about the institution and a consistent customer experience.
Learned that many aspects of ethics and honestly rely heavily on a schools steps for accreditation and title 5 funding.
I learned that honesty and transparency is important, especially for the schools reputation. Damaging a schools reputation is hard to come back from.
Give the same integrity to students and their families as you would when buying a home or a car. A school’s mission should clearly communicate its purpose and values. Transparency builds trust, and integrity ultimately boils down to doing the right thing — even when no one is watching.
In this module I learned that transparency and integrity is very important to build trust with others and also gives confidence to students.
In this module, I learned how important it is to meet ethical responsibilities in every interaction that I have in my field. I know that I must be honest, respectful, and professional when working with patients and coworkers, and follow all guidelines in order to succeed.