Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

Omar,

Excellent point! Helping a student to time their enrollment into your college is a "win-win" for everyone. You are right that students who are rushed into enrollment have a higher propensity to drop early in their academic career.

Cindy Bryant

Odalys,

Bravo! It is good to know that you take the time to ensure that your students are placed in the correct program. This is helpful in maintaining the metrics necessary to keep your college in compliance with the guidelines.

Cindy Bryant

1. Good Moral Character
2. Integrity
3. Fair Treatment

We have to ensure good moral character is demonstrated to our co workers and our students in school.

Integrety should alsways be demonstrated in our school.

Fair Treatment of employees and students should always be shown, no descriminating, no inappropriate behavior.

1. The student needs to be enrolled in the right program.
2. The student should know exactly how much they will be charged for the training.
3. The job placement assistance program should be explained in detail.

Admissions cannot speak of financial aid. Admissions cannot proctor the entrance examination. The registrar is the only person on campus that has permissions within the system to post grades, attendance and make changes to any of these. These three things to me are very valuable in ensuring lines aren't crossed nor integrity compromised

Provide information about the following topics to the student:

Price
Curriculum
information about the program of their choice in reference to any extra qualification, examination or licensure process that the program may required.

Three ethical practices most important to me are proper disclosure of admissions information, proper determination and disclosure of financial aid information, and proper disclosure of information relating to placement and Career Services. I feel this is most important because these factors influence and are considered during enrollment and ensuring that students have the proper information to evaluate in my opinion is very important.

At our campus we take pride in providing as much imformation as possible and making sure it is absolutely acurate and true. We truly want our students to make the best educated decision and it is our job to provide that accurate information to them. We have complete faith in our school and programs and know that if we tell them everything that we can about our school and stay completely truthful, that they will be able to pick the correct program and be succesful.

Carrie,

Thank you for joining the forum. I can appreciate your comment "complete faith in our school" because that is what it takes to run a good college.

Cindy Bryant

I think it is important to listen to the student and their needs. Find the right avenue that is best for them , be honest when answering questions . make sure they are aware of any obstacles that could occur.

Jeffrey:

I like your respond to this question. The following 3 you chosen are so important to the school. Integrity and good practices are always top priority.

There are many eithical factors that are important but I believe that; first we need to make sure that the student has chosen the right program that will benefit his/her goals. Secondly have the student provide his/her realistic goals and finally, have the student understand the process of Finacial Aid.

1) giving correct information
2) making sure accreditation info is correct
3) Giving correct financial aid info

Getting the student into the right program is very important. I wouldn't want to enroll someone just to have someone in a seat. I think its important to be ethical in providing a student with answers to their questions. If you don't know, say you don't know and help find someone that does know! Don't beat around the bush!

The three main ethical practices for me are Qualified Staff and Faculty, Knowledgeable and Honest Communications. All these three things mean “Great Future” for a prospect student. Is not only about students obtaining a career, is a career well taught. Especially when you get students in the Medical Field, they need to be trained to save a life.

Ultimately its getting the person to the right program and making sure that upon completion they can achieve their goals.

Toni Ann,

Being straightforward is an excellent way to operate your business.

Cindy Bryant

Three common ethical practices most important to me are enrollment process, tuition and overall honesty. I think that enrollment process must be the most important of all. I don't think studnets should be enrolled as just another number in but should be asked quesitons to determine if this is right for them, do we feel that they will suceed and graduate and be able to work in field. Tution would be another thing to be honest about. If students can not make weekly payments to the school I think it is something that both the student and the school should think about and lastly, over all honesty. we need to be 100% honest with all students wether current or prospective.

The most important practice at our institution is to first evaluate the student. We asking them a series of questions to see where they are at in life. do they have a car, do they have kids etc. all of these things need to be taken into consideration when staring school. we don't want students to jump into something just to start. we want to make sure they know everything and that it will require a commitment from them. it makes no sense to us to enroll a student and then they drop because they were motivated for the wrong reasons

Three important ethical practices to me would be Honesty, because honesty is reall thte best policy. Another practive would be good moral, it is best when we all act professional and do the best we can to be professional and last would be to be fair. Everyone sould be treated equally no matter what.

Sign In to comment