Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

Three common ethical practices that are important to me are honesty, following through on commitments, and compliance. These three are definitely the most important practices not only because they are essential parts of the job, but they also help you do your job well. If you are honest with students, the more likely they are to trust you and actually listen to what you have to say. Following through on commitments not only shows the student that you are a good employee, but it also reflects positively on the institution as a whole because it shows that we hire people who have integrity. Finally following compliance is not only an essential part of the job, but it helps the student as well.

1. Good Moral Character
2. Integrity
3. Fair Treatment

You should never enroll a student that will not benefit from the training.
You should never talk bad about another school
You should never guarantee a student a job or a certain salary

Three ethical principals that I strongly believe in as an admissions representative would be clarity, honesty, and advocacy. In my role I believe that it is imperative to operate in a dual role that both supports the campus and the student in determining if our courses are the right fit for them. The only way to effectively do that is to build a relationship with the student to uncover their needs, wants, and goals to assist them in determining if our programs line up with those three things. If all of those things fall into alignment, I then become a facilitator to guide the student through the enrollment process.

Three common ethical practices that are most important to me are: not guaranteeing a prospective student Financial Aid, placement upon graduation, or becoming State Licensed. I believe the prospective student needs to know their options as well as what may happen if they do not achieve one or all of these. Honesty really is the best policy.

Sign In to comment