Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

Amber,

Staying in your lane is very safe can help you align with your own ethical principles.

Cindy Bryant

It is important to know what are the expectations and interest of the students, explain all the information about costs of the career, financial aid opportunities and responsibilities.

1. Don't lie.
2. Make sure you guide the student no matter what directiion they want to go.
3. Always ...Always do what is in the best interest of the student.

Three ethical practices that are important to me are:
1). Honesty in communication so as to provide accurate information
2). Timeliness in response to requests from students, faculty and colleagues
3). Follow through with commitments made to students, faculty and colleagues

Embracing these three ethical practices, one earns trust and respect while also ensuring integrity.

Mirenia,

Finding out as much information as possible about your students is critical during the enrollment process. Ensuring that they are placed in the correct program that meets their expectations and interest will reduce the probability of attrition.

Cindy Bryant

I let the students know that they can contact me with any questions, regardless if I know the answer or not, and if not, we will find someone who does. A student needs to be fully informed on financial obligations, employment possibilities, and that they are fully informed on the program we offer.

The three most common ethical practices that are most important to me are first to make sure that perspective students understand the non-tuition costs involved in the program, second to ensure that students comprehend the time commitment involved in completing the program, and lastly, to make sure that the students have a realistic understanding of the job market and their potential earnings.

Ethics means Integrity. If a school does not have these components, it will not be in the marketplace for long. Ethics is revealing to the students exactly what is involved in attending the program in terms of time and cost. It also means being fair in comparing different programs and not distorting the facts. In other words, it would be unethical to highlight the bad features of another program just to get enrollment from a prospective student.

Renate,

Every business builds their own foundation. The most successful businesses with any type of longevity have built their organization on a solid mission statement and values premise. When these values are held in high regard by management they have a tendency to trickle down. It seems that your school has upheld their mission and promoted ethics and compliance throughout the school.

Cindy Bryant

Truth about class size,
truth about success rate/graduation
truth about job placement percent's

I consider ethical code must be filtered by TRUTH. If you always handle interaction with students and prospective students truthfully and clear of misunderstanding in way possible way, your "customers" will appreciate that and (as usually happen in our school) they refer us prospective student based on their own experience while with us.

To be truthful in advertising is KEY. You MUST not offer anything you can't accomplish. It will save us a lot of extra work and problems to be truthful with students and prospective students. One lie can turn down years of hard work.

I agree that getting the student into the right program is very important

Juan,

Truthfully is the only way to represent your school ethically. As long as everyone is on the same page and speaks the same words then misrepresentation is simply an afterthought.

Cindy Bryant

Graciana,

Hi! Welcome to the forum. Are you able to recall a time that a student was not in the right program and the outcome.

Cindy Bryant

Carlos,

It is the advertising that allows the public to glimpse inside our campuses. When the student walks through the door of a school it should closely resemble the advertising.

Cindy Bryant

Hi Cindy,

We conduct an interview with every prospective student in our school. We review his/her expectations and professional goals. Since we have only programs healthcare related we have inside of our rules and regulations the possibility of transferring between them. So our experience let us say that our trending topic is are of expertise (i.e. phlebotomy to electrocardiograpy). Since we assist the students throughout the process outcomes have over a 95% of positive rate. It always exists the possibility of students to withdraw but that wont be necessary if we make a professional and compliance of rules and regulations at interview's

Respects people as ends, not means: The goal is to consider every prospective student as a unique individual, give them importance and value, as to separate them from the general public.
Respect participants human, civil, and legal rights: this encompasses such issues as non-discrimination and cultural sensitivity.
Do what is best for everyone under the circumstances: You're not necessarily going to be able to help everyone all the time, but you can try to get as close as possible.

Graciana,

Thank you so much for joining the forum and sharing your best practices and great outcomes!

Cindy Bryant

There are many important ethical practices to consider, but the first one is knowing that the student has the right program that can benefit him or her. Also informing them of the loan process and that they will be paying back the loan and invsting in themselves towards a career. Lastly, I think it's important to discuss realistic career opportunities in the field and where our graduates are working today.

Sign In to comment