Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

Our HO monitors the DNC list.
If an inquiry requests not to be contacted any longer, we document their request in their inquiry file, then immediately send an e-mail to our home office where they are placed on DNC.

Once a month our system downloads the national do not call list and applies it to our database. The database system also knows the rules. So, if we have not made contact and turned the inquiry into a student within the allotted time, the system will keep us from any further calling. If someone is on the "do not call" list but we have had meaningful contact and the inquiry has asked for a future call back, we can call back but we have to have a manager retrieve the phone number. If we are calling a "new inquiry" and they say do not call, we disposition it as such even if it is within the allotted calling time and we DO NOT CALL IT again. The technology we use is very savy with keeping us within the legal limits.

Each month our home office reviews our prospective student list and compares it with the "national do no call list". If any student is on the "do not call list", they are removed from our prospective student list.

Our business office reviews the do-not-call list on a monthly basis and removes any numbers that match from our database.

We do track students that have registered with 'Do Not Call'. We track through our database management system (Campusvue). It is clearly marked on the students profile, if they wish to NOT be contacted.

Student information is contained in our Institution Data Base called Campus Vue. Tjhsi database is available to all faculty, admissions and Financial Aid departments. Under their profile, they will be clearly defined as Do Not Call.

As a Job Developer I am not calling students. My phone or email contacts are with businesses. However if a company is not interested in getting calls from YTI this info is documented in CampusVue for others to see.

We have a DNC report directly from our database Campus Vue, that we run every Friday that scrubs the DNC. If a lead is on the DNC list it will mask the phone number to say DNC, so we cannot call the lead.

Do not call is very clearly marked in our CampusVue database system. It is easy to see whether you are involved in contacting potential students, or, like me, are not involved in such activity.

My employer's IT department imports the federal Do Not Call list into our internal database of current, former, and potential students to ensure our DNC list is current. When a lead indicates he/she does not want to be contacted further by the Admissions department, the Admissions Coordinator inserts "Do Not Call" into the lead's telephone field in our internal database. A DNC list is also kept for potential restart candidates who have indicated they no longer wish to be contacted.

Through the use of our database each student that requests to be added to the Do Not Call is specifically marked. This ensures that they will not receive any more calls. Furthermore, with the overuse of cell phones our institution does not use Automatic Dialers, since it is prohibited.

Do Not Call is listed in our student Data base. If we are requested not to call we notify the campus DOA and mark it as such in the Data Base.

Our campus uses CampusVue to maintain student information. Files are marked DNC if the allowable timeframe has been exceeded.

Our instituition regularly reviews the lists of prospective students to determine if their number appears on the DNC registry and then notates that information in our enrollment management system so all end users can view the DNC status.

Karen - it is good to have the information in your student information system to ensure that any employee referencing the record will know that the student is considered "DNC".

Mary Ann - I'm happy to see DNC records noted in the data base for all to be aware of as needed.

Thanks for noting your comment on cell phones. I sometimes receive calls from automated dialers on my cell phone and I realized that I tend to use it as a "primary" contact point without identifying it as a cell phone. I will do that in the future to reduce unwanted auto dialed calls.

Desire - thanks for including the information on the frequency of your DNC updates. This exeeds the requirement for such updates and demonstrates solid compliance with this regulation.

Dorothy - Thanks for sharing your practice to note this information even on the business-to-business contacts for your school.

Janis - Glad to hear that your technology solution provides mechanisms to support compliance of DNC regulations.

Sign In to comment