Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

Relationship Building in the Admissions Process | Origin: AD200

This is a general discussion forum for the following learning topic:

Relationship Building in the Admissions Process

Post what you've learned about this topic and how you intend to apply it. Feel free to post questions and comments too.

It is very important to build a trustworthy relationship during the admission process. It is necessary to discuss past experiences and planned goals so that both the advisor and student knows what to accomplish. Making sure that both sides puts effort into achieving the desired career is key. 

This module is extremely interesting since it orders us the way we should approach the potential student. We must be interested in your needs, listen carefully to be able to present the options according to your needs. Always offering support with professionalism, showing interest and highlighting the advantages of the program to choose. Always with honesty.

I work for a one-two year technical school so we cater the admissions process to the student's need for a different path than traditional education. This course was helpful in determining how we can further indivudalize the tours for students and highlight that we have a program for almost anyone, and each student interprets it in their own way in order to be succesful.

Understanding the relationship circle is a very important way to enroll the right person into your school. I liked the idea of adding past student sucess stories in to help encourage the potenial student into knowing that they are making the right decision.  I plan on sharing that with my Admissions team.

I think when you help the student fully imagine their future state of being after graduating, it may be the first time the student truly gets the full picture of how their life and the life of their family can change for the better.  Being the admissions advisor to help them realize that might really set you and your institution apart from other schools with similar sounding value propositions. 

Building the relationship circle is a very important way to enroll the right person into your school. I liked the idea of adding past student sucess stories in to help encourage the potenial student into knowing that they are making the right decision.  I plan on sharing that with my Admissions team.

I've learned the importance of buiding relationships with students and the importance of transparency and integrity.  How to build trust throughout the process, all the way up until the close.  It's very important to establish a students trust and for them to gain your trust and confidence. 

To build trust, listen to the needs and motivation of the student, how will the big picture look after they have completed the training 

I've learned the key is to build a relationship by listening to the student, asking what they are looking for and building your value proposition. Meeting the student where the student is at...and fullfill their needs.

It's always all about the student.

Rapport, confidential, extraordinary attention are key elemets for the successful process of students,

Build rapport, get to know your prospective student. Motivate them by showing what we have to offer. Listen actively and support them in their decision with the hope that it is with the intention to enroll. Dont be pushy.

As we build relationship with the student, it is best to tailor the benefits to their needs and offer solution that will eliminate their challenges. Relationships must be fostered even after the enrollment stage. Follow up and continue to be their support.

I like how this shows how to develop a trust worthy relationship with the potential student. Sharing past success stories allows them envision themselves in your school.

Trust is pivotal for the admissions and student relationship, it is the basis of the relationship cycle. It sets the relationship up for success when you develop rapport and trust at the beginning of the process. 

The Relatiohship Cycle is crucial to building that level of trust in the AO and the college by extension. I am new to admissions and realised just how important it is to build people .. profits came way after.  

I enjoyed reading about the relationship cycle and I think some of these questions and tactics (asking for the enrollment or motivational stories) are great tools. 

Very Important to build a realtionship with prospective students

I think that these tips not only ensure that we recruit the most fit students for our programs but also that we work to tend to the needs of our potential students. The previous lessons regarding relationship building truly depicted our core values as a distinct school, and that being that we want to provide and deliver so that students become great medical workers that change lives in their fields. 

Its always important to do these training even if you are a seasoned representative. 

Sign In to comment