Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

Relationship building and selling is not the same as going to the store and buying something from a cashier. I need to build a relationship with prospective students in order to get student enrollment. However, not everyone will be a good fit for enrollment. I will find this out through relationship building.

I learned how to establish rapport with potential students. Also, is understanding the relationship. It is very important to listen and find the needs of potentials students. What is their motivations and what does my institution offer.

The relationship cycle is crucial to know with building the trust with potential student with the programs offered. Understanding their setbacks is also crucial, which will help paint the big picture for when they graduate. 

From this module, I've learned about the importance of relationship selling in the context of educational advising. I understand that building rapport and trust with potential students is crucial for guiding them through the decision-making process effectively. I've gained insights into listening for stages of readiness, identifying students' needs deficits, and tailoring my approach to match their motivations and aspirations. Additionally, I've learned the significance of supporting students' decision-making processes and closing the sale by confidently asking for enrollment.

I intend to apply these learnings by implementing a relational sales approach in my interactions with prospective students. I will focus on actively listening to understand their needs, motivations, and concerns, and I'll strive to provide personalized guidance that aligns with their goals. By emphasizing the value proposition of our institution and fostering a supportive and seamless experience, I aim to facilitate informed decision-making and ultimately guide students towards enrollment. Additionally, I'll leverage the insights gained from this module to enhance my collaboration with faculty and other departments, ensuring a cohesive and student-centered approach throughout the admissions process.

It's building trust as you go through the sales process. Understanding their "Why".

Then that "why" will be our focus and motivation for each conversation leading to enrollment.

I found the model approach to establishing and maintaining a good relationship with potential students to be very helpful. To earn the trust of potential students, it's important to provide exceptional customer service, share reviews and testimonials, and be transparent about our policies and practices. We should take feedback seriously, prioritize our customers, and build long-lasting relationships with them. It's important to establish a personal connection with students by communicating with them on a more personal level, understanding their unique needs and interests, and creating a supportive learning environment. Don't forget to engage with students, take an interest in their lives, and make them feel valued.

It is important to develop a relationship with the student and ensure that their needs are matched with the qualities of your campus or school. Listen and try not to be pushy when helping them through the process. It is important that they be guided to their decision and not pushed with little regard to their needs or concerns. 

Sign In to comment