Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

I like the idea around alignment as it ensures students will have all the domains of knowledge needed for the workplace.

I like that students can see what the learning outcomes are for a given course or even a given lesson. They know, from the beginning, how everything ties together, both vertically and horizontally.  

I was familiar with Bloom's Taxonomy but not with the other two diagrams shared. I will be using those as I design lessons, to ensure that my students are engaging at the appropriate level for their psychomotor and affective domains as well as their cognitive domains. 

Curriculum alignment, Blooms Taxonomy important for cognitive as well as affective skills. Setting expectations with a planned out lesson is very important. Monitoring the students progress qand meeting with students to go over strengths and weaknesses so they know what to work on going forward.

There was a lot of valuable information/resources in this module.  I liked the idea of using a rubric to assess workplace skills and the importance of teaching those skills early in the school year.  The Career Prepped Whitepaper was pretty eye opening and helped me understand some of the key differences in the new vs. the old work paradigm.  I especially loved the quote by Alvin Toffler that talks  about the illiterate of the 21st century being those who cannot learn, relearn and unlearn.

Instruction and assessment in the CTE classroom needs to be rigorous. Assessing students in their work-based learning experiences in a relevant way is imperative to student learning and success. 

The plan is important but not every minute of the plan needs to be outlined.  You need to allow for some flexibility as different groups of students will need need more or less time in certain areas.

We're in the process of integrating some "life skills" courses into our CTE program, so this was helpful in that regard. 

Sign In to comment