Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

What other areas of the recruiting/admissions process do you feel would be of interest to you as future training opportunities?

I would like to work in carrier services one day. I like the ideal of helping students getting that job they are looking for.

Getting to know more information from each department/program. Sitting down with the Department Chair(s) of each program isn't as beneficial as maybe sitting down with the instructors that also teach the classes and/or sitting in an actual class!

I would like see a training class on the career services process with the student. This would give us a better understanding on what happens to the student on the back end before they graduate.

I would love to have more training regarding the marketing aspect.

The training is great! just wish they could provide some donuts

Currently I have never been out to companies that have employed our students and I think this is a great training tool for the admissions process. It gives you the opportunity to describe the place of employment, feel of the environment, and educate us further about programs of study. I am going to see if this is an option for me at my school.

I think that communication is an important part of being a recruiter/admissions agent. It better helps you to understand what the student is really trying to accomplish and streamlines your ability to properly help them. Due to regulations constantly changing it is important to keep up with your own company and the changes that will effect students. I personally believe that in order to stay compliant in accordance with not only the federal government but any affiliates or accreditation agencies you need to be a life long student. As a life long student it will really help you to see things from your student's perspective and make sure you are assisting them with their individual needs.

I would just like to stay update on compliance policies. This is very important to me.

Learning about the Education Department and how they deal with each individual would be an interesting training opportunity. Also, learning more about career services and how they help students in finding jobs would be another interesting aspect.

Understanding 3rd party enrollments and the ins and outs of each department. Knowing what the other departments of your school do is helpful in keeping up-to-date on any changes made at your school.

A successful admissions representative MUST be knowledgeable about each of the programs the school offers. I have witnessed too many times when a less seasoned AR will gravitate toward programs they are more familiar with or comfortable with, sometimes to the detriment to the potential student.

I believe going through all the steps in the process such as financial aid, registration, orientation, class, and placement services would provide a more focused view and understanding of the process, what information needs to be covered while providing additional advantagous information to the student, and to tailor realistic expectations for the student.

A more in depth understanding of what everyone elses role is at the school.

I would say more knowledge of each program of study offered, actual employment requirements, understanding more of the certifications that they can achieve after graduation and how much of their training is used toward this certification process. More of knowledge of the admission process from the inside once enrolled.

Appointment setting is always a good topic.

Information on your state disclosures, Our Ohio package is the second largest we have.

Financial Aid is one area where I would be interested in gaining more knowledge, so that I would feel more confident dealing with questions from prospective students regarding finance issues.

I would also like more knowledge in the Financial Aid area. You just have to be careful what you say as we are not Financial Aid representatives.

Really sitting with Career services snd seeing how they go about getting our students externships and jobs. What do they highlight about our school and our programs.

maybe more ways of getting effective pdrs

Sign In to comment