Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

I would like to be even more versed in transfer credit evaluations. I understand that it is not the agents role to state what credit may be applied, however it is beneficial to be well versed.

I think that additional time needs to be spent on program offerings - the ins and outs of the programs/classes offered to have a better understanding of what we are selling. We want to do what's best for the student and that is matching them to the best program that fits their needs. So we as reps need to understand fully the classes in each program so we can relay that to the students.

Additional training is helpful because it keeps you up to date on current and accurate information you need to convey to potential students.

Our school offers hands on training for each program. It gives a strong understanding of what the students will learn and better prepares us to talk with them about it.

Me as an ex college athlete I feel as if any training will be to my advantage. I feel as if the more training I recieve, the better rep I am put out to be.

I believe that sitting in on classes if each program is a valuable tool. Having first hand experience of the school's programs gives an admissions representative valuable insight into what a prospective student will experience.

I'm at an online campus, so I am very interested in the use of social media and how we can use it to not only attract new students, but also retain students by making them feel more connected to other students as well as the online campus.

I think it's going to be extremely important to meet with the different departments and know what it is that they do and how it helps/impacts the student as well as the admissions reps. The moare knowledgeable you are about the different departments, whos in charge and their jobs, the more success you'll have as an admissions rep

I think that they do a reall good job at getting us ready to see what we are going to be doing and how we need to be trained for it but in order for us to really understand all of the other departments, I think getting a training on some of their departments (i.e. finance, student financial services, etc) would be extremely helpful.

I think knowledge of the programs that we are offering is of most importance in enrolling a student but I believe we would benefit from further training on questions that should be asked or topics that should be breached in order to help retention. We need to really listen to our students and not be afraid of telling them "I do not think now is the best time for you to come to school." If they do not have transportation or they have childcare issues or if there is turmoil in their life that would put enough stress on their education that it might cause them to drop out of their program, we need to be proactive about hearing that when we talk to them.

We do a great job of keeping in close contact with the many departments at our school. I feel we learn a great deal about what each does and how they operate. We also hold weekly training on Fridays about current events and issues going on.

It is hard to recruit and enroll students into programs if we are not trained on thosse programs. I would like additional training on the programs my campus offers to be able to better sell the programs to future students.

This is important also to understand how each department will interact with our students and how they can be of help to them.

The school that I work at provides constant training led by instructors so that the reps understand fully the programs that are being offered. This is a great opportunity to ask questions and fill in the blanks.

Anthony,
I think that's a good idea to listen to a student or two about the program and what they liked or didn't like. It helps them to take ownership of their learning, but it also helps us to answer questions for prospective students or to be able to identify a potential problem for those incoming students.

I would be interested in ways to market to potential students. There are so many rules and regulations as to what an agent may or may not do, I think we may be missing ways to reachout for fear of being non-compliant in some way,

I feel like product knowledge is invaluable. Whether the representative is new or seasoned, I feel that it is always good to refresh what you know or get a new prospective on the programs offered.

The other areas that would be good for training in the future is other departments associated with enrolling students. Possibly a FAQ on what students typically ask.

I would really like a chance to sit in on a class. I think this would help me sound more confident when talking about hands-on experiences. I have heard this, but I think seeing it would help. I also think that I would benefit from talking with each program director about what their program offers. There is no way a catalog course description can capture everything I need to know about each program.

Work with different departments to get a core understanding to help the student understand what we offer at our school. I think it would be a great benefit.

Sign In to comment