Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

I feel that meeting with the program directors help because they know what exactly goes on in the various programs and what a student would expect to experience. I would really enjoy to sit in during a class to get the experience, so I can have the confidence to let prospective students know what to expect. Continuously meeting with school faculty will always be beneficial to knowing the ins and outs of the school.

I was actually a student of my University before I came to work for them. I got to witness first hand the way my University went through the admissions process and how they kept me informed and was always ready to answer any questions that I had.

I agreee understand other departments, and what they are responsible for is a vital key. Knowing who to turn to for help or knowledge will make you a more informed person.

Product knowledge is the biggest area of opportunity. Knowing the features and benefits of your product inside and out is so important in the admissions process.

Product knowledge and knowing the competition are vaulable to the admissions process to better serve potential students.

I think it would be very beneficial to observe the educational department that organizes classes and schedules. Knowing what the classes are all about and the material that they consist of would help the ADA's provide a better assessment of what the student might be looking for. Knowing all the infomation regarding classes would benefit ADA's as well as the students considering for the undecided students, we have a tendency to guide them through this journey!!

I really like the idea of sitting in a couple classes to get the full experience of the student. I come from a public university and the course work and how the programs are run is very different. I think that having a better understanding of a standard day of a student would make the admissions process run more smoothly.

Thorough product knowledge-in our case, knowing about the classes leading to the diplomas or degrees- gives us, as reps the enthusiasm to be effective.

Sitting in on lectures and labs would be helpful in explaining to the prospective student what a typical day in class would be like. Also, sitting with the career services department to get a grasp of how they place graduates gives insight on how the process works and help give some additional info to the prospective student on how career services works.

Paula,

I agree!! I feel that, as reps, the more informed we are, the more comfortable the students are knowing that we are a resource for them. The more training we receive, the better that resource becomes!

The ongoing training of school requirements is always helpful. I would like to learn more about the "counseling" end of admissions, how to make the student more confortable and ways to communicate information efficiently and effectivley.

I would be most interested in knowing more about the individual programs. I have met with the Dept. Chairs and had a chance to ask questions, and I was given a tour by each one showcasing their classrooms, equipment and labs. I feel this should be one of the things that the Reps do monthly or at some regular interval. Meeting with each one individually is important and really gave me insight into how the program is run and taught along with some personal observations about the Dept. Chairs and instructors that I can relate to the prospective students.

I agree that future training opportunities in programs would help in becoming more knowledgable about specific departments. We experience training with meeting with the department chair and covering the program which was incredibly helpful. I definatly think if we would have follow up training or sitting in mroe classes we would continuely expand our knowledge which would benefit us and the student.
I believe this would help us become more well rounded in giving our student an idea of what to expect with their classes, jobs opportunities, and teachers and their expectations.

I think that it is really important to stay on top of the changes. If you know how to do your job than thats great. I feel that you should also know all about the programs your schools offers. The more knowledgeable you become on your program offerings the more you can help figure out what your students need.

Many students enter a college/school, they are not sure what they want to major in. I find a great deal of satisfaction in helping students match their personality and gifts with their careers.

I agree, I feel this is most important. Watch and learn from other compliant admission officers and visit campus personnel. We may be able to sell the programs and the school but we still need to be able to understand every department and how it helps our students. We keep the student's best interest in mind.

At a military friendly school, I feel it is important to become familiar with some of the benefits that military personnel may qualify for. Even though I would transfer the student to someone on the military team, I still feel as though it will be important for me to know about what we can offer the student.

I think its awlways important to havea breif touch on all point and dive in whatever new information is out.

I think that schools should provide more internal interaction and exposure to their internal process. A brief synopsis by each department head on a monthly or quarterly basis would strengthen the efforts of the Admissions Representatives.

Leadership training on admissions department or marketing department.

Sign In to comment