Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

Aaron,

It is great that you are able to identify an area within your school that you would like to learn more about. I strongly encourage you to follow-up with the career services department at your school.

Cost objectives should be pretty simple to overcome. If you have built the value of the program, sometimes cost isn't such an issue. Try discussing other "investments" that one would make in their life and compare them. We buy cars and houses. Cars decrease in value while houses can increase in value. Both of these can be repossed or taken from you. An education is an investment that no one can take once you learn it!

I believe that full disclosure to and education for students regarding differences between National/Regional and Institutional/Programatic accreditation is vital. Too many prospective students are getting misleading information from several sources, including admissions personnel from community colleges, about the accredation status of many career colleges. In addition, too many of our colleagues are ill-prepared to adequately discuss these issues with propsective students.

We can always use consistent product knowledge to make sure that we are always adapting to the changes in the marketplace.

I feel it would be effective to work one-on-one with our ADA's or shadow them, so we completely understand the admissions process on their end. That way we can work better as a team and provide the appropriate information our students need. Also, allowing the opportunity for our ADA's to shadow us. I think it would allow for more understanding on both parts.

Well i think the course has good information and it will be of great help when it comes to recruiting students

I have really enjoyed this course. i serves as a great refresher for any that's been in the business for some time. It just reminds me that when things get slow and I'm struggling a little, just go back to the drawing board.

I believe everyone could use more training in customer service. We are school trying to sell a product (education) to a consumer. Many people from different walks of life come in wanting to do something different and there are delicate approaches to each unique situation. Training should be extended to all admission representatives not just for the directors.

Ongoing education should be noted as well. Admission personnel should lead by example. You can never learn enough.

I would agree. I believe it would be extremely beneficial for the teaching faculty to sit in and observe an interview with prospectice students so that they have a clear understanding of the admissions process.

Benjamin:

The differences/similarities between various types of accreditation are difficult to understand even for those working in post-secondary education. These concepts that are even more difficult to explain to potential students during the admissions process.

I do agree, however, that admissions reps should understand the basic differences between types of accreditation and the potential implications with respect to transfer of credit and/or future employment opportunities.

I think having a better idea of the opportunities for employment and tools to help the prospective student start looking into positions that his training will aide him in.

I would like additional training on the expected impact of new laws requiring schools to have a certain student loan repayment percentage. There are a number of ways that the admissions representative can have a positive impact on the process after recruitment that will benefit all parties.

I would really like to see more admissions training be in the classrooms. I think product knowledge is vital to this career and to actually live a day in the student's footsteps would give us hands on knowledge and stories for the prospective students coming in to see us.

An additional training opportunity that would be valuable would be a sample of each area of the school with an introduction and basics so that that the recruiting reps get a general knowledge and better understanding of different departments to allow more communication within fields.

How to move up the corporate ladder. Just kidding. Just how better to be keep abreast on career trends

Tranfers of credits from one college to the other

I belive that another area of interest would be "how to help a student determine the fight program of study". This would hlep to increase the possiblility of success for the student.

I think training on the school's Career Services Department would be very useful for a represenative. I think it would be important to know some of their success stories and what they do to help a student in their job search.

An area of admissions that I feel would be of interest to me, would be the continuous development of skills that would further help to maintain a more accurate and organize data when working with prospective students. This I believe could insure growing knowledge and confidence in the school's programs, policies, and procedures and overall making for great experience for myself and the students we service.

I believe going through all the steps in the process such as financial aid, registration, orientation, class, and placement services would provide a more focus view and understanding of the process, what information needs to be covered while providing additional advantagous information to the student, and to tailor realistic expectations for the student.

Sign In to comment