Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

Chad,
At my organization we have morning huddles. The point of the huddle is for the reps to share thoughts and feeling regarding a pre-determined competency such as Client Focus, time management, Credibility, or even organization.
Does your employer do anything like this?
If not it is an idea to pass along. It seems to have been working for us. It gets the reps more involved and helps build leadership skills!

I would like to know more about placement opportunities for our students.

Yes, this is true. I feel that I do get alot of insight and motivation to start the morning with mini trainings about weekly topics and I agree that it provokes leadership skills when we are able to rotate huddle responsibilty. I would like to have more training during our monthly meeting/trainings for our new program in Leadership.

I agree. During my training I had to meet with each department within the school. I recieved a lot of valuealbe information in doing so. The previous school that I worked for did not offer this training and I could tell that this step is critical in a training process.

Having a clear understanding of each program and just keeping up to date on everything

Understanding the ins and outs of each department would help greatly.

More in depth training on the services that career servuces provide.

Understanding all of the schools departments are very much necessary and important. Learning and training for employees is very important and helpful to us.

Every day should be opportunity to learn something new. This type of industry change happens from day to day. We have to make sure we take advantage of learning as much as possible.
Training opportunities are very important to the growth and sustainability of all types of colleges. Changes occur rapidly and it is vital for admissions representatives to be update with all areas of the college and the industry.
This training has been very useful and as the industry changes, I’m sure you will continue updating. Thank you for the training.

I like the idea of doing a little research ahead of time. I think it would also help you retain information and have great questions ready.

My college does a great job with offering a variety of training opportunities. With all of the offerings that are available it is up to the agents to take the initiative at times to seek out the specific programs they may be interested in.

I am always interested in gaining certifications that will allow me to be a more effect agent for the school as well as help me in community based efforts that are close to my heart. For example, an effective speaking and communications certificate was offered through a third party our institution had secured a partnership with allowing employees to complete a certificate and continuing eduation credits. I enjoy courses that allow me to expand my skill set and resume and will lead me to doing more of what I love outside of work hours.

I feel it would be beneficial to have some additional training on career opportunities for students, as well as more information on what the students are learning in the classroom.

A training opportunity that provides an understanding of community relations and how that effects the interest in educational institutions locally.

I think customer service is a great training opportunity. There is always room for improving ones customer service skills, and being a agent you are also a customer service representative for your university.

Sitting in on classes to hear the instructors and attending admissions sessions would be helpful to get a full complete picture of the process.

Learning all the ins and outs of the departments. That way you are a well rounded rep representing your school.

I think I would be interested in learning how all the financial aid and how that process works. Knowing the basics is what is needed to enroll a student. Because they have a financial aid advisor who walks them through that process. But all the details, forms, and laws is something that interests me. This is something I would also like to learn once I have been a successful admissions representative.

I feel participating in our school's recent New Student Orientation Day was helpful to me. I was assigned to the Graphic Design program and assisted new students and parents to various required sessions. I listened and observed interactions between 2 instructors and the new students and learned a great deal.

i think it is important to know what resources you can use to provide students with information about jobs that are credible. There is a lot of information on the internet that is not credible and students can get confused.

Sign In to comment