Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

The more one knows about the function of each department the better students questions can be answered!

I think they opportunity to sit with a member from each department to see exactly what their day to day responsibilities are and how they are able to help our students would be benefical. This will help the admissions rep know exactly where to direct a student to as well as keep them from providing incorrect information/facts to that student.

I would truly like to be permitted to visit each department for at least half a day. I would like to sit in Student Services and listen to the students needs and concerns. I would like to sit in Academic Affairs to hear the instructors and how they plan to assist students that have difficult circumstances. I would like to visit Advising, Career Services, and even the Business Office. I would like to get more of a whole picture on how to assist students. It is just hard for me to be away from my desk and my duties but I feel it would help in the long run.

I would like to learn more about each person at our school and the job function that they have. We have a large staff and I do not always interact with each person.

I would like to better understand the process as a whole, whos is responsible for what, and the manner for which it is processed. That way I will know who I need to turn to when the ball gets dropped.

I feel that a more specified training on what agents can and cannot say if always very important. Compliance is the biggest issue at a school like mine in todays environment.

It would be great to visit different companies that hire our students, to better understand the types of jobs being done with a degree from our Institution.

I would like to have more training in the marketing.

Coming from a school in which financial aid and admissions is two different departmetns, i would like to be cross trained so that I understand the entire process. I think this would be helpful.

I agree, I feel this is most important. We may be able to sell the programs and the school but we still need to be able to understand every department and how it help sour students, so that we keep their best interest in mind.

To know when new regulations and policies are coming into affect and where to find the information for my school.

Some additional training that I would find beneficial would be a sample of each area of the school. This training would include introductions on basic duties,so that we get a general knowledge and better understanding of different departments.

Program knowledge would help me hone in on a student needs quicker

All internal and external training programs would create opportunities of interest in recruiting/admisssions. An introductory module of each area of the school with an emphasis on maximizing performance would serve as a beneficial tool.

I strongly agree about full disclosure about informing students about the difficulties in transfering credits. I dislike it when people call up and ask if our credits transfer because someone told them they don't. I have heard from reliable sources that sometimes it is difficult to transfer credits within the same university because of the different number of credit hours for classes in different colleges in the university. I always explain that sometimes it is difficult because some schools are on semesters and some are on quarters: they don't match just right, some are regionally acredited some are nationally accredited, etc.

I thought the training was quite complete for my needs.

I think it would be interesting to have presentations from each department here to find out more about what their purpose in the school process is so that we can fully utilize our resources within the building.

I would like to be more versed in the use of our Online Student Preparation. During the enrollment process I can follow along with the student and help them. Our OSP limits my ability to facilitate and would like to be more helpful in this process

I have always been interested in the end result. I think that learning more about the career service department and hearning more from empolyers would assist me in better serviing my student's needs. Hearing from employers of our graduates would help me to understand what kind of assests are students are becoming in the workforce. The career service department could help me understand more about the job search process for our students.

I would be very interested in meeting with our career services department. We have a very high success rate in helping students find employment opportunities. I would be interested in helping our students grow in life!

Sign In to comment