Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

I would like to see additional training on what's considered proper follow up with students, when is it best to no longer pursue a student. Key words to pick up that signal this student is no longer interested in furthering their education.

Getting more indepth information about some of our auxilliary departments like career services and student support would make me a more effective representive. I feel that if I were to receive training in those areas I could provide better service to my students.

I would like to learn more about how our other departments specifically assist our students - Career Services & Academic Support.
I would also appreciate additional training on call handling when students find objectives (how we can help them overcome objectives).

One area that I would be interested in learning more about is how the academic department chooses the curriculum that is taught for a specific course and degree program. I think it would be good to know why the students are learning what they are being taught, and how it is relevant to the industry.

Understanding the ins and outs of each department and how they help the student is important. Learning about the education department and how they deal with student progress is always an area of interest.

I would like to have additional training on how to effectively recruit students.

Taking part of the classes and visiting with potential companies that hire our Grads.

I have found one of the best things that has helped me was understanding what each area is responsible for and what they put into the enrollment process and the educational process. Many times a student will ask me a question and it has to do with another area and I can get the student to the proper person. This I believe gives the student confidence in our school and also confidence in their decision in chosing us. It also is good customer service and of course the student is a valuable customer.

I personally would like to see more training being offered in reference to admissions and new regulations, etc. Furthermore, I think admission reps should be well trained on financial aid regulations as well.

Reviewing possible negative recruitng do's and don'ts videos would be helpful in the process. This would give the academic counselors a better understanding of the types of questions to ask.

I would be interested in learning what information should be included (or omitted)in an effective presentation/discussion program options.

Marketing and Advertising

I would like training on how to identify or, rather, help students identify the best academic program for them if they come in and are unsure of what they would like to pursue.

In most cases knowing all aspects of the business is beneficial. I dont think admission reps should know too much about the Financial aid process at least in some education fields due to the compliance factor.If someone knows then they might be likely to slip some information about the financial part of enrollment, and then someone is in trouble.There is a fine line, because the right hand needs to at least know where the left is.

The opportunity to observe each department and how they handle students is always a benefit. This ensures that no misrepresentation is happening and that correct information is being relayed to the student.

Working with re-entry students.

From past expaerience, it has always been beneficial to have relationships with each department. As we are the ones that initially meet each student, it is important to know that there are individuals that are more of an expert in specific fields. Having students meet members from each department and also hearing these individuals explain specifics about things work have always eased concerns and fears for these students.

With the "Go Green" inititatives around the world, I feel that it would be beneficial to the school, and appreciated by the students to do our best in eliminating redundant paperwork. It seems that forms could be completed electronically, rather than with paper. I also believe that we could save money, if we use some of the latest technology.

I think the career service department is very helpful after graduation I would like to work in this area of our company helping our graduates reach goals.

with career changing everyday we need to stay on top of product knowledge admission people need refresher training so they know what they are talking about

Sign In to comment