Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

School Advertising and Marketing Materials

It is important to review your school's advertising and marketing material to become more informed about your institution. Advertising and Marketing are how many potential students become aware or your school, therefore knowing what materials your school provides is important in case someone refers to such materials or poses a question about them.

i feel it is important because it is likely to contain the most current and exciting elements of the University. You also want to make sure that the message you are sending to your students everyday matches the message of the University.

Allison:

Very true. Understanding how a student became aware of your school is an important element of the admissions process.

This can also give you a way to relate to the student on a different level. When a student tells me they heard about us on the radio, I ask what station? This can lead to a short conversation on music which can put a student at ease. I want my students to feel comfortable with me and to be able to give me information that could be helpful to their future.

I feel it is important, because I have knowledge of things that are going on locally and in the industry. I like to keep up on the advertising, because I feel I can add good insight to the Marketing Director. My Director and i i have given several suggestions, which have been accepted.

Michael:

This is a good point. Moreover, if you believe that, based upon the feedback you are getting from prospective students, any of your school's advertising or marketing material is giving students inaccurate or misleading information about the school, it is important to bring that to the attention of your supervisor.

Very true. Most times the advertisment is the first form of communication between you and the student. So, being familiar with that message and making sure it is in concert with the schools message is essential.

To be sure it is accurate and current. In addtion, it's imperative to be sure all required regulatory / compliance reference is listed in print material. In addition, it's important for tracking the effectiveness of all marketing efforts.

It's important to make sure that you are making sure that students have the information that they need to make the best informed decision.

I feel it is important because you need to keep up to date with the current trends to make your University appeal to futute students.

helps you stay on top of what your school is doing

It is important to be able to know what information is out there, determine the students level of knowledge about the program(s) they are interested in and assisting them to make the choice that will best suit them achieving their goals for skill development. In addition it is important to know what the organization is saying to make sure we understand what is being advertised to the customer and ask questions ourselves if we don't understand so that we can fully assist the prospective student.

Steven,

Yes, making sure students are accurately informed should be your main priority.

Kristine,

It really sounds like you have a thorough undersanding of the importance of keeping up on your school's advertising materials.

I think you made an excellent point about making sure that you (the agent) understands the advetising materials and being willing to ask questions if you don't.

I think it is very important to understand the marketing material for your school. Prospective students and their families may have heard or seen an ad and completely misunderstand what was said. Ads may refer to careers as desirable and students may take that to mean guaranteed placement. Knowing the ads and being able to refer back to them to clear up any confusion is really necessary.

With the advertisment being the first lines of communication between you and the student. Being aware, current, and familiar with that message makes for a positive relationship with prospective students

As an agent of the college we need to make sure that what we present to the potential student is in line with the promotional materials. Also, we need to make sure the material meets all of the requirements of the state board so we are in compliance.

You want to make sure that the school is in compliance. Also,the advertisements may generate an increase in interest. You need to know what is be advertised to discuss the questions of the prospective students. Lastly, you want to make sure that the info being promoted is current.

The more informed the representative, the better informed the prospective student can be in choosing a school/program. Reviewing the school's advertising and marketing materials is integral to providing the best possible service to the student.

It is usually the first line of what attracts a prospective student to your school. To be current and up-to-date on what is offered and what each program entails is imparitive to convey to students and helps spark interest.

Sign In to comment