Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

It is important to know what information is out there for people to read. You want to sell the school you need to know the business.

We need to be aware of what is presented to students so we can refer and relate to the student interacting with our material. At college fairs I am always interested in the marketing material that students gravitate towards - color, working, graphics, pictures. We are always trying to come up with better ways to grab their attention and to make sure we are providing the best information in our brochures for the students to comprehend what our university is all about.

Why do you think it is important to review your school's advertising and marketing material?

I agree, I makes the process much easier to know why the student came to the school in the first place. It can help that individual better inform the potential student.

It is extremely important to understand what type of student your school is focused on. Working for a non-traditional school is going to require different types of advertisements than working for a traditional university.

It is important to know what our prospective students are seeing and where we are advertising because it allows us to see what attracted that student and what they want to do.

As an agent you need to know where your leads are coming from. This will help in knowing what is in the material to know what they are talking about when we call.

I believe it's important because it makes me more knowledgeable when a student is sitting in front of me, and makes it easier when I know what I am talking about rather than just guessing. Obviously we want to direct specific information to the placement director, but having that extra knowledge will put the student at ease knowing we have similar information.

I agree. First impressions are everything. I have found that many students are hearing about us from word of mouth, and that goes along way, especially if you know what you're talking about.

At the beginning, people would ask how we got their information, and it kind of put me on the spot, not knowing what to say. But gaining the extra knowledge about the industy and where we market, I feel confident in talking more freely about where they heard about us from.

So that I have a better understanding of what is out there that students are seeing so I can be prepared to answer questions. It also allows me to see things from the student's perspective.

The advertising and marketing materials are great sources of information for students. I need to understand these materials to better assist the students in making the right decision for them. Easy to use and easy to understand materials are important for potential enrollees and and as experts, we need to be prepared to speak to and explain the materials.

It is important to know and review your school's advertising and marketing material. I have had students comment on certain commericals or brochures they have seen and ask if I had seen them. If I hadn't - I might have lost some credibility with that student. Knowing your product through all avenues is key to being successful.

To be aware of the information your school puts out to the public and to use this to better inform your potential students. Also, it provides opportunity to allow the representative to provide marketing suggestions.

What has worked in the past does not mean it will work now.There are many new ways to market to prospective students.

When a prospective student mentions an ad of ours that they saw and that encouraged them to call, I like to be familiar with the ad so that I know what stood out to them and what their interests are.

I agree...it is a great way to show perspective students the overall feel of the school and a general idea of what is offered.

It think is is very important to understand your schools marketing materials because we are often the first point of contact aside from the materials being sent through mail, TV, radio, and billboards. At my school our Marketing Department send things out and does not tell the Admissions Representatives what has been sent so when we get calls we often sound clueless. With the Admissions Department sounding confused this is a hit on the schools reputation. I am a firm believer that your employees are walking billboards for your organization!

It is important to review our literature because, as someone who represents our school we need to clearly understand our institutions procedures, scholarships, and advertising materials.

It is important to review your schools advertising material so you are prepared to answer any questions regarding this material. Also, by knowing your means of advertising it can help you and your institution accomplish company goals more effectively. Another reason to know this material is so you can effectively market to your target audience and provide them with the resources they need to make an educated decision about school.

Sign In to comment