Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

It is important to know your product. You also need to be aware of what potential students are seeing.

I believe it is important to be aware of how your school is getting their name out there. Agents can then suggest different ideas and ways to reach prospective students that may be useful.

Advertising and Marketing is the method to reach our potential students. This is how they become aware of our school. The students are seeing our advertising in a variety of forms- print, tv, flyers, radio, in person~ The message all needs to be the same and consistent.

As a representative of the school, I want to know how the school is representing itself.

Well first of all, if you have not reviewed it and students start asking about it, how can you help them by answering those questions. Marketing and advertising materials generally include up to date information that every adviser should know

It's very important to know what is advertised about your school. A potential student has probably seen it and will question you about the content. It is crucial to answer questions with confidence and knowledge.

It is very important to know what type of advertising, and when the advertising is comming out. This will allow you to have a better understanding of what type of lead you are contacting.

To make sure everything is the truth and that there are no promises.

I believe as an Admissions Advisor, you should possess a full knowledge of all content in marketing and advertising materials, since these are the tools that attract and help a prospective student make a decision on what institution would be best suited for their needs. When you are speaking with a prospective student, they may ask you questions pertaining to an ad or brochure and it would reflect poorly on your school if as an advisor you cannot answer certain questions regarding these materials.

In my opinion, the first reason why it is so important to review your school's advertising and marketing materials is so that you know what your prospective student is basing their 'first impression' on. Advertising is really the first thing a prospective student is going to hear or see about your school. It is important that you are aware of what they know coming in. Secondly, there could be a marketing event (i.e. open house) coming up and if you are not up to date with your school's advertising you may miss a chance to tell a prospective student about a great event or even worse, be caught off guard with a question regarding the event.

Veronica,

You really seem to grasp the importance of understanding your school's marketing materials. You made a great point about making sure you are aware of upcoming events that may be beneficial for prospective students.

It's mainly important so you simply know what product your are introducing to prospective students. If your talking with a student and they mention that they seen a TV ad, I think it's important to know what about that ad sparked their attention. This helps an individual better serve and advise the potential student with program matching.

It will help me as an agent to develop a general understanding of the school's programs and knowledge of policies and procedures as well.

I know that at presentation time, I am the student's first impression which is often a lasting impression. Therefore, I must be educated in regard to the programs, the costs, and the potential for job placement upon completion of the program.

Students are considering our school in order to become employed. Our placement rate is high, and it's my goal to continue that.

Let's not forget the power of referrals. Happy students will referer their friends and relatives to your school. Many schools have limited advertising budgets and depend heavily on referrals. Does the State of Ohio allow incentives for active stuidents to refer their friends?

You should always know what the public information is about your programs. I can't imagine not reviewing this as often as necessary.

Our school recently added tv commercials to our advertising. It's important that I know what is said in those ads so I can answer any questions which refer to the commercials.

I feel it is important because your school's advertising and marketing material is a reflection of the character of the school and it's integrity. Information provided has to be correct. In order to know whether something is inaccurate or not, you need to review the material and in the process further educate yourself about your school and it's policies and programs.

Thomas:

Yes, referral incentives are permitted in Ohio so long as they are part of a school's written referral program and in compliance with the federal rules on "token gifts". This generally permits non-cash referral gifts to students so long as the gifts to any student do not exceed $100 in value annually.

So you know the latest things happening at the school or the latest incentives for students to inquire or start school there.

It's important to know how your school is marketing/advertising to prospective students since this will generally be the way a student will hear about your college. If they say they say the college on the internet, you'll want to be familiar with what they saw. If they recieved something in the mail, you'd want to know what they read, etc. Being fully informed will help to field a prospective students questions with much more ease and confidence.

Sign In to comment