Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

It is important to know so that you do not infringe on any regulations that may cause harm to the school and in turn, the student.

knowledge is power. and when someone is confident in their presentation and information they are giving, it helps to give clarity and direction to the person looking for that information or help.

I am glad there ae such strict rules when it comes to promotional materials. A lot of prospective students always want to know if we offer 100%commitment to placing them in jobs - so we would never want to flasify any information and promotional material helps with this to let them know we have a career services department to help them but dont guarantee it!

So that you know what a potential student may be seeing so you can answer any questions. You need to know how your school is promoting the college.

Advertising is the front lines of communication about our school to all prospective students. Being up to date on what types of advertisements are out there and which ones are working the best and where possible improvements or changes could be made helps to ensure we are reching the mmaximum amount of propsective students while makings sure our advertisement budget is well spent

It is important to review the advertising and marketing material because if you don't you will not know what that potential student is seeing, and how they learned of the school. If they call in it is possible you might not know what they are talking about. That could deter them from coming in for a visit and surly keep them from enrolling.

Matt Hammer

It is imprtant to know all the latest marketing and advertising materials so that we can contine to be crediable in the eyes of our students. The ad is the first impression many students have, so we need to be aware of the message that is out there. I also think we loose credability if we do not have the knowledge of what is out there for the general public.

It is important to know your schools marketing material so you know exactly what the perspective student is reading. When they have questions about the material you should be able to answer.

It is definitely important to know what information is out there and how or students are hearing about our school. It can give us an idea as to what drew them in and triggered the decision to further their education.

I have come across a few cases where the student answered television commercial when asked where he heard about our school. This was not the case for the simple fact that we have not had commercials for our program in quite some time. This is where knowledge of our marketing comes into play when trying to figure out where they actually did learn about our program so we can track that information.

Reviewing the marketing plan put in place by your institution allows you to understand the mission/value statements in a more succinct way. It allows all of the reps to have one unified message, making the institution seem organized and unified - important to students that are looking for structure in their chaotic lives.

By reviewing this material, an Admissions Employee is better prepared for questions from students, and has a good idea of what kind of image the school is projecting out to the public. This makes it easier to know maybe some of the expectations or preconcived notions that a student might have before sitting down for and interview or coming in for a visit.

It is important to review your school's marketing material to be informed and to get understanding what attracted that person to the school. Additionally, sharing feedback from prospective students to the marketing team helps with new themes/projects. I also want to add, I would want to see how we look to the world. Not all schools do tv and radio marketing. I get excited when I hear or see my school.

It's always important to know what marketing material your student encountered to get them to engage with you. This gives you information such as what prompted the call to action.

advertising and marketing is a very important and valuable tool. It is not only necessary, but smart to understand and know how your school puts their message out to the public.

It is important to review your school's marketing information to know first hand how your school is being promoted and potentially perceived by its audiences. Having an understanding of what material is available and being promoted, allows an individual to be better equipped to address specific questions, program opportunities, etc.

It is important to know exactly what is being advertised to prospective students so that when we are talking to them, we are not telling them something different from what they were originally motivated to call/come to the college for in the first place.

I think It is very important to review my school's advertising and marketing material because that is the way I have a job. If I hear from multiple people about how something just isn't working with they way we are marketing to them, then I know I need to make that change so I am still reaching out to my prospective students instead of them thinking the same thing as the students before when it wasn't working.

Being up to date and aware is always important. Students see commercials or get an "idea" of the school from many people. We all know that word of mouth, to this day, can be a constructive way to advertise but it can be bad for the schools as well. Knowing the perception of the school in the community is important as well. It is also important to know what is being advertised and how it is being presented

Reviewing these materials that the school distributes allows me to stay on top of what changes may have occured. It also keeps me informed with accurate information so if asked I am confident in my answer.

Sign In to comment