Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

To ensure that the up to date and correct information is being released to the public with regards to advertising.

I think we need to be very mindful of what image we are projecting out. It needs to be an honest one that provides a true picture of what our offering is. False advertising, just like any immortality, only breeds a negative response.

It is definitely important to review your schools marketing materials to find out how the student is going about getting information and what information was given to them. It is also productive to know so that your school can gage what marketing tool is grabbing the most student's attention.

I believe that it is important to know and understand what is being put out into the community by your school. You may have a student that comes in for information based on a promotional material they saw, and you need to know and understand what that information is so you can give an informative answer.

Advertising and Marketing Materials are good to review because the laws may change.

Make sure we understand what is being advertised to the customer and know what information is out there, determine the students level of knowledge about the program(s) they are interested in and assisting them to make the choice that will best suit them achieving their goals.

You are exactly right, having a understanding of what is out there is important,as an agent and to be able to communicate the information to the student.

Reviewing marketing materials to essential:

1. Make sure all information is up-to-date

2. Make sure all materials are reviewed by legal

3. Make sure you get 2nd & 3rd opinions as presentation is so important, all ads should be eye-catching, an overlooked ad is a wasted opportunity !!!

I think the most important statement in your post is "current", outdated materials are of no use to anyone and will often lead to misinformation getting to prospective students.

So true, all agents should be made aware of all new ads, so when questions arise, they know what they are talking about, nothing would be more frustrating to a student is am agent saying, I don't know what you are talking about, I have not seen the ad !!!

Sign In to comment