Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

Great point I agree. Also, the student will want to see the ad they saw translate to reality with the real experience they encounter. Painting an accurate picture by matching matketing to reality is key.

Being aware of the current marketing ads the school has out allows the reps to see what pulls the students in. If we ask prospective students "what about this advertisement interested you?" we can better understand what motivates them.

It is important to review advertisement for two main reasons. An agent to stay current with promotions and be able to answer questions from prospective students that are aware of advertisements.

It is important to know so that you are aware of how students interests are being generated and by what marketing material is being used to do so. I think admissions and marketing should always be on the same page. Other departments are just as critical, but for this topic the importance is necessary. By understanding the means in which marketing generates interest to generate an inquiry, it makes it easier to start off the conversation.

It is important to review your school’s advertising and marketing material to know what information your school is publicizing, televising and saying on the radio waves. You have to understand what your school is trying to communicate to students, as well as, answer any questions that the student might ask as it relates to the marketing material they’ve seen/read/heard. It is also vital to me to know what image my employer is presenting to the public and what type of school I am representing.

It is important to see what has attracted those that have seen this material and have become interestede because of it. This material can also inform me as to what my institution would like to promote.

Kristine, I really agree with you. My previous college relied heavily on marketing and advertising, especially TV, to recruit students. Advisers would all see the ads before they were disseminated to the public. Many of the commercials were unforgettable and students generally commented on them.

The admissions department has a big hand in deciding on the advertisement designs and placements for my school. I think doing it this way keeps the admissions department "in the know" and is an important part of our success. If we know what advertisements are out there and when they are hitting the papers/radio, etc., then we are better prepared for the response.

It is important to review the school's advertising and marketing material so you know how the students have been familiarized with the school. Not only does this serve as a platform for providing the students with more information on the school/programs but it can also provide more information on the students' educational background, motivations, and interests.

Society in general and technology specifically change rapidly, often day by day and hour by hour. The approach to marketing must keep up with societal change and be adapted to the particular group you are targeting. Different ages, genders, ethnicity, response to different marketing approaches.

You make a great point. Understanding what the student what is told by the Admission Representative is important. I have found that there was unclear information between Admission and actual Program. Great communication between departments helps to clear this up and continued training keeps everyone on the same page.

It is very important to review your school's advertising and marketing material because it gives you all of the information needed in order to provide the best knowledge for your students. The more knowledge you have about programs, special things going on the more that you will be able to educated your students better

It is important for us as admissions agents to understand the tools and resources that are being used to attract potential students to our school. A good understanding of which marketing strategies are most effective will help us make sure we are reaching as many potential students as possible.

I feel that its important to review your schools advertising and marketing material to ensure that the student has a solid understanding of the program they are interested in and to ensure they don't have a misconception of what type of career they may be able to obtain with their diploma or degree after they graduate.

Because by law, we are held accountable.

False advertising! you don't want to tell a student information that is not correct and you want to make sure that what is being marketed and advertised is correct also.

It is important to review your school's advertising and marketing material to ensure the agent has all information that may be circulating among prospective students. It provides an opportunity to be prepared in case a student inquires about something they saw in a marketing material.

I think as an admissions rep that is important to be familiar with your school's marketing and advertising campaign because such knowledge well alert you to your source of leads, or prospective students. My school uses a combination of mailers and online advertising.

I must be prepared to answer questions from people on all socio-economic levels. I also have to make sure I give accurate information to correctly represent my school.

We need to be aware of what information prospective students are receiving. For instance, if a billboard is promoting a new program for veterans, we should be prepared for those calls.

Sign In to comment