Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

I usually ask a prospect as my ice breaker how they heard about our college. This is why it is important for me to know what adevertising we have out there.

I totally agree. Not to mention I direct many of prospective students to our website so they can refer back to the information that I present to them. So, for me to direct someone to our website I need to know exactly what information is on the website and where they can find certain information. Also, as far as mailings go out I need to know what information was on the mailing so when they call and they state they received a letter from us I can go in more detail about the letter. Being knowledgable helps make the school look more professional and organized.

It is important to know the type of information your students are consuming regarding your institution. This is so you can address any information they may already know about and tell them more. Also based on this information you know what the student might be expecting and possibly what questions they may have. It is important to know what information is cycling about your institution.

It is important to know what is being marketed to the general public. As a admission officer you need to know what promotions, programs, promises are being marketed.

To keep up with changes in information and fees.

It is important to have this information because if you don't know what is already being put out there, you may say something that contradicts. One always wants to have every pice of information that they can, in their arsenal. That way you are never caught off-guard.

It also is a great way to figure out how serious a student really is about going to school. If someone says they were just playing around on the internet and just saw the ad and it's their first college they've looked into, you can tell they're not as serious and may need more time to check out other school as compared to someone else who says they've been researching online and checking our programs on our website and then received mailers, etc who is pretty serious and probably ready to make a decision. But it is definitely an ice breaker to see how the student heard about us so you can see what types of shows/music/etc they are into.

So you know whats out there! If you have no general knowledge of how your institution advertizes then you are doing yourself no good. Knowing the products and keeping up to date with current changes allows you to not only market yourself but your institution to the fullest.

Assisting the prospective student is vital to all that we do as agents. The education center I work for has all of our current messages on the website to review. Testimonials, publibity and advertisements where we can easily see them and maintain those messges at the campus level.

It is important so we can know what type of questions we will be answering from our prospective students.

In many cases, advertising and marketing materials may be the only familiarity a prospective student has with the school. Becoming familiar with this can help us know what perceptions a prospective student may be starting with.

I know with my school we cannot offer every program in every state. We need to know what programs are available for that particular student. The other thing is this. Different states have different enrollment practices and requirements that will be spelled out in the marketing materials. Without, many mistakes would be made.

It is important to appear knowledgeable about your school. Everyone has one chance to make a first impression. If you come across as clueless about your advertisements, someone may assume that you are clueless about the programs that your school offers as well.

I think it is important because it is the resource that the potential student will be using to determine whether or not this is the school for them. It must have the information needed included in it so when the potential student is at home they have what they need to gain a better understanding of the center and its offerings.

It is important to review your schools advertising and marketing material so that we are aware of what is going on and any changes made or needed.

I too usually ask the student how they heard about our institution. It is important to know where your institution markets, whether it be tv, web or other areas. Also, to know what is on your school's website.

To make sure that you are up to date and that you are providing prospective students with correct information. Also, this is one of the first communication tools between the school and prospective students.

it is important to know the message that is being sent out in advertising so you can hit the same touch points when students contact you in admissions.

So you are on the spot if a student asks

It's critical to find out how students have heard about us so we can determine which advertising method is the most effective. It also gives us geographically an idea of what works better in the areas.

Sign In to comment