Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

Comment on Tanisha Bent's post

Hi Tanisha

Thank you; yes leadership traits help along with knowledge, skills and teh ability tomotovate 

Regards

Dr Ajmal

Leadership is key. 

I learned that you have to also lead by example.  If you are honest with yourself and what your goal is others will be receiving to follow of what needs to be accomplished.

In this module I learned that many different leaderships style are used. The leadership role in more engaged when you are proactive in relationships between leaders, followers, and grasp the situations as a team. 

In this lesson I learned the significance between the top and the worker ants. But in order to have some sort of societal function, you need followers and you need leaders. There can not be one without the other.

I enjoyed the scenarios and seeing how a successful leader interacts with followers in a relevant situation. 

Comment on Mary Kennon's post: You've made some good observations Mary Kennon. Yes, your boss could certainly be considered a "follower" at times, when they are supporting you in projects or initiatives that you are overseeing.  Their follower roles might looks different from others, but they are helping to point others to you for direction in that project or initiative. 

Leadership engages the followers. Cohesive leadership gets negative reactions.

Something that I had felt but never thought of " as a thing" is that you can demonstrate leadership in specific situations while still struggling to take a leadership roles in other  circumstances or areas of life. For example, I tend to lead more at work during normal activities, but in sports or competitive environments, I naturally stop using those skills. I liked tha assignment that allows the students to think of ways they demonstrate leadership in one situation and how that can be used in others to start expanding that skill.

Enjoyed learning about the interactional framework and how all three connect create to impact the environment and the results..

One of the things I learned in this lesson was the importance of "belief" in your leader.  That is, the level of inspiration and following is definitely something that works (for the follower) from the leaders' personality trait, personal achievements and competence.  

I found in the training important information about how to become a really leader and the importance of team work,

Leadership is multifaceted. Leadership is impacted by followers and situations. Followers must be inspired by and trust leaders. In order for a leader to have an effect, there must be a situation to impact and followers that are willing to see the overall vision. Without followers, leaders cannot be effective.

Before this training, I hadn't thought much about my leadership outside my workplace.  It's interesting to think about leadership within my family, my community, and so on.  

The importance of leadership traits, their impact on followers, and how leaders behaviors can impact followers in situations

Leadership is both giving support and direction to followers as well as modeling behaviors. 

This lesson allowed me to learn more about my own personality traits and how those are important in the impact of me leading. 

The 'Leadership approach' of considering (all) the leader, follower and situation and how they inner-relate was interesting. As a suggestion, this reminded me of a book that I read many, many moons ago Six Thinking Hats by Edward De Bono. 

I learned that the primary objective of a leader is to inspire! 

To always set clear expectations and provide a positive and encouraging path for followers to arrive at the objectives defined. 

Sign In to comment