Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

Leaders can not lead with out followers. I learned how to promote great followers.

I love how this lesson focused on how all 3 elements (Leader, Follower, Situation) all have to work together to be successful. 

The interactional framework made it explicit how important each participant is in order for leadership to be effective.

Looking forward to learning about the impact my leadership has and how I cn improve.

What does interactional leadership mean?  How can I develop it to improve my leadership?

I learned about leadership and followers .

The interconnectedness of a positive, strong leader, having a group of followers that are empowered and passionate, and an environment/situation set up for opportunity and growth are all needed. Missing one of the three leads to disaster.

It would help to know what questions we got wrong on the quizzes instead of just a percentage score. 

"A leader with no followers is just a guy/gal taking a walk".

My takeaway for the lesson is that leaders do not aspire without followers. As a leader you should be open and develop trust with your team. Your personality has an impact on how others receive your leadership. 

Reply to Angela Watkins's post:I completely agree.  Also, without context, the answers were nebulous in their eficacy.  Leaders do several of the things, if they are effective.  Ineffectively, I feel, they could do one or none.

Having been in several senior leadership positions, this course had a lot of areas of improvement. 

Learning that Leaders need to be able to Follow is probably one of the primary foundational elements within the military.  Understanding that, generally, people may not be aware of that idea is fair, however the loose and tenuous application in the examples here made it very difficult to pick out.

Leadership involves the ability to work with staff, faculty, and students to reach the organization's goals successfully.

This was a great module. It really helped to break down how leaders impact and influence and how all three components of the framework work together and infuence each other. I definitely want my impact to be supportive and I try to reflect daily where I have helped my staff to succeed and have I been positive in my interactions. It is a lot of responsibility when your decisions, actions and behaviors affect those around you. 

learning Interactional Framework.

I was able to learn about the relationship between leaders, followers, and the situation.

leadership is work and you must be the first best example yourself--if you don't lead by example you will quickly lose your followers

I've learned the importance of considering all three elements of successful leadership and how they interact to achieve a goal.

At this point in my leadership journey, I feel it is my job to help and mentor the future leaders of our organization and the world.

I think what I really learned is that leadership is not just the intentionality of what you say and do, but your actions and reactions as well.  It is a holistic whole person judgement on your skills and your talents and your personality and you - particularly as you become more visual should your role grow.

Leadership requires three components (leader, follower, situation).

Sign In to comment