Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

Laughter is a proven health benefit. You can add years to your life with a good belly laugh.

Healthy stress management is having a balanced life of physical, mental and spiritual balance. If you leave one out you can become out of balance.

Anything you can do to lower the heart rate is how to approach stress. If a time out works or a long bathroom break you are on the right track.

Go to lunch with trusted co-workers and vent, laugh and then go on with my day.

Stepping away us like counting to ten.

I work out four times a week. I go to the gym every morning before coming to work. That way, I arrive relaxed and ready to tackle the day!

Exercise is always good way to create better health which in turn helps to face the complexity of the day to day challenges. As you are probably aware that balance in one's life is essential to stress management. Keep in mind the activity for physical well being is important but also each person needs mental and spiritual balance to complete the triangle of life. Your understanding through your mental acitivitiy and your understanding of life keeps us able to cope with stress.

I find a quiet place to clear my mind after a stressful event or conversation. Sometimes just five minutes of quiet breathing can put me back on track.

This is probably like counting to ten for you. This ia a great practice when you can do it. The best way for stress to not take control is how you prepare yourself both on and off the platform of challenges. You can be ready when you are healthy and mentally prepared for your planned and unplanned day.

I believe int he counting to ten method. gives you a second, or 10, to compose

That is a good practice which allows you to make rationale decisions.

I try to make my office environment as fun as possible. We implement daily activities/challenges. For example, we like to play "Minute To Win It" games in the office. We also have an "Amazing Race" that we do throughout our campus which doubles as fun and training. Friday mornings we play games or watch a funny movie.

Being in a high paced and high stress environment, we have to have fun as much as possible.

As a result, I have been one of the top managers in the company for the entire year.

Good job! You have discovered the value of team building. Through team building you create purpose for your employees. You can listen to Indra Nooyi, the CEO for PEPSICO who has very strong in the belief of purpose. You can find the podcast under ITunes University, Yale interviews.

"

I would have to say walking with a friend is a major stress reliever for me. I feel some relief from walking even for just 30 minutes. My walking partner is a good friend of mine and we tend to vent to each other and it is a wonderful stress reducer and we both agree.

Each of us have their own stress reliever. It is important to have more than one when we may not be able to utilize one of them because of the circumstances. You can learn to remove yourself from the issues for a period of time. Just think about how many ways you can remove yourself.

Only halfway through the course, but have already learned a lot (after wearing so many hats for so many years in education).
It all makes so much sense here in this course, but in daily workplace, it is so easy to fall into natural patterns of behavior...Excessive worry, taking it all too seriously, an off-the-charts "C" in the DISC personality assessment(closely followed by a high "S"). Is some of the stress unconsciously self-created? a natural disposition?
By the end of a long day, when I park the car in the driveway, I am done for the day!
However, I do believe that just chatting with a colleague who listens, does help gatting back on track.

I have always had people that were my partners in our goals at work. These people were my sounding boards many times throughout my career. It was with there encouragement and direction I often found sound advice. I advise anyone in the work place to find the individuals who can relate and give you honest advice.

Stress is much less with good friends with intelligent minds.

Some ways that I have personally handled workplace stress is to speak with other co-workers on a particular topic/issue to see if I am overreacting. This has been a good source of self-reflection as well as a re-thinking method to help me defuse stressful situations.

Venting. Then, I am good to go.

i try to deal with the stress at work head on so i try to problem solve and work with people to get the problem solved

Sign In to comment