Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

Effective Delegation | Origin: ML127

This is a general discussion forum for the following learning topic:

Effective Delegation

Post what you've learned about this topic and how you intend to apply it. Feel free to post questions and comments too.

I was reminded of the importance of giving the employees tasks they can feel good about completing.

I am guilty of just doing the task instead of delegating. This course is a great reminder of how to delegate and when to delegate.

Reply to Janine Fleming's post:

Janine, I agree whole heartedly. this course was a gret reminder.

I learned how important delegating is in order for my team to grow, stay interested, and free me up to focus on the mosre important parts of my job.

I learned a lot about delegation in this module. I have learned that delegation is an opportunity to help employees grow and that I am empowering an individual when I delegate a task. I have also learned how to help my leadership team in delegating tasks to their teams. It all comes down to managing the expectation in order to avoid micromanagement. 

In order to delegate, you have to be willing to accept responsibility for the final product. With this said, Choosing the right person(s) for the task and the correct task is integral to the final outcome. One also has to be willing to coash without micromanaging.

This course was great in identifying gifts within my team and utilizing those gifts for delegating tasks

this course was very informative to all leaders in the fied of education

Great reminder that delegating allows your team to grow.

It is important to understand that though delegation is an excellent technique, it needs to be done properly to be effective. Ineffective delegation can actually create further issues among staff.

It's interesting that many leaders overlook the fact that including employees in tasks and stretch assignments really prepares them for career advancement. 

I learned strategies to overcome delegation barriers that I previously felt were immovable!

Very interesting information.

The many different ways to effectively delegate will be very helpful as I continue to try to improve in this skill set. 

It is interesting to learn that in general, task delegation is not easy for managers. There were so many important tips included to effectively delegate tasks. However, the main point is that task delegation important for many reasons. First, it allows managers to focus on higher profile tasks without overloading themselves with work. Second, it allows staff the opportunity to demonstrate their strengths, commitment and desire to grow within the company. Also, it is important to allow staff to cross train and be able to support management in their absences.

I've learned how important it is to not intrude after delegating a task, and how to recognize when I am doing this.

Sign In to comment