Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

Know what type of leader you are. Trust and empower your team will be a lifelong success. Physical presence is not necessary, it the by end product that we look after. Listen more and talk less. 

Though I have spent my adult career in various leadership roles I believe where I have fallen short is in emotion control and staying quiet. As a charasmatic person, I im typically loud and freely offer my opinions. Changing this personality trait is a must to be an effective leader. 

People sometimes make it to the top by being ruthless, backstabbing, and mean but they are by far the exception. They damage their reputation and their companies goals for their own gain. Be true to yourself, thoughtful, courageous and kind and it will take you much further in life.

A good leader is always growing themselves. I will hold onto the fact that while there are many important characteristics, a good leader is comfortable in the abiguity and leads with compassion instead of authority.

Being a leader means being aware of each individual and focus on teamwork to see results in the long term

Good information

Being a leader whether innate or by title doesn't mean stopping learning or growing. In fact, learning, researching, thinking outside of the box, teaching, and mentoring not only causes you to keep a growth mindset but also will have you forward thinking on what is next or what can be done better. It will also build your "brand" and credibility as a leader/manager. 

I think my biggest ah-ha moment is being consistent with coaching on areas of opportunity. I typically tend to look for strengths and derive best practices from people's strengths. However, doing this may keep me from developing them in the areas where they need to be strengthened or learn a new skill possibly- while being a part of their own development. I will take time to allow people I am coaching/mentoring to share what motivates them, hear them out, and then create a plan accordingly! 

Best, 

DeeAnna

Leadership is something anyone can learn. Listening to your team and giving them ownership over their work will encourage them. Leading by example and being willing to take constructive advice from team members will help to establish trust. 

This was a very relevant course. It solidified material I already knew, but also incorporated some new  ideas/perspectives in a post pandemic era!

The importance of listening and learning can't be underestimated. Building strong and trusting relationships in the workplace is key to effective leadership.

With what we have learned, leaders are made and not necessarily born into that position. But with that in mind, all styles are different as are people. This can be both a pro and con, especially in the workplace. A strong leader needs to know how to navigate all styles and personalities. 

Connect with your team versus always correct them

Leadership is not management. It can be learned.

I enjoyed the format of the training and the videos helped bring a visual element to enhance the sense of leadership as a topic. Overall, the course has helped me refine my leadership perspectives as well as breaking down essential elements of leadership that are easy to identify within my team and myself. I think the course is an excellent way to improve and enhance the leadership mindset and can assist in the development more refined leadership skills.  

Emotional intelligence is crucial as a leader as your employees need to believe you care about them and trust them and they need to trust you. 

It is important for leaders to remember to use the principles of emotional intelligence when leading a team.  Team members need to feel that they are appreciated and have a sense of purpose. A good leader instills trust in team members and shows that you care about them.

There a many different form of leadership, some good and some bad habits we have may be the different from us from being Great leaders rather that good. Being self-aware and being able to identify what leadership style works effectively for us and in our environment is key. Knowing how to implement situational leadership can motivate your employees more than we understand. I plan on implementing this form of leadership quickly. 

It is a good class with a lot of resources available to be used in the future.

I agree with the content of leadership in this program

great course

Sign In to comment