Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

Be an offical observer at all times and use this information to excel as a leader.

Even if a person has faults or weak areas, they need to recognize them and put actions in place to ensure they can get through those weak areas.

I leanred a lot about the open communication channels. I really appreciated this training! 

Leadership can be a learned skill that one can grow in if they focus on their skills. Leadership can also be something that is developed naturually. 

Leadership is a great yet challenging position. It is very rewardng.

Very thoroughly dfined content, explained consistently with practical recommendations. 

Good leaders enable to best thrive. Trust, courage and integrity are key characteristics of a leader. Excellent training.

The leader makes a difference in the company.

The greatest success in motivating individuals lies within. Pride in a job well done or autonomy and feeling trusted are things that often create the greatest satisfaciton in employees. And this can be accomplished by spending little to no finances.

I am a new director over an exisiting team and this lesson was very helpful in identifying ways to build trust within me and to rebuild trusut within themelves. I am trying to learn who each of them are as individuals and as well as observe how they interact as a team. I have already seen very mixed messages from what they display to each other and what they say to me behind closed doors. I think there is still a lot of good to salvage and the potential for this team to be more than they have become is promising. I will take the tips learned from this lesson and use them to help strentghten their bond with each other and with me, which can only reach the realtionships they have with the students they interact with daily. 

I've learned that it's imperative to keep the team you're leading encouraged, though honesty, trust and giving contructive feedback to enhance them into leadership

Leading isn't just about you the leader but it includes those you lead because they are valuable.

I learned some techniques to be a little more engaging and personal with my instructors.  I need to spend more time getting to  know them and what their goals are and provide individual opportunities for communication and sharing ideas.  I also really liked the idea of starting off team meetings with a simple question to create a safe space before launching into work topics. 

I learned so much about myself through taking this course.  I left a great job at a wonderful company and took a new job at a new company purely because of the toxic leadership, the bullying, and the poor leadership style I worked under.  Most of my coworkers barely lasted a few months and there was terrible turnover.  I took a new position with a big paycut on the potential of earning a leadership position that I did not earn after my first 5 month evaluation.  I have 6 more months to earn that re-evaluation and morally and mentally it has been beyond hard and I have been wishing I could go back to the toxic job and the weekly bullying and threats from my previous director just so that I can afford to pay my bills.  It has been so hard to know I would trade a place where my team is great and respectful for a job where I was constantly verbally abused for money.  The first class I am required to take is this one.  And if I do not earn this promothion and end up having to look for a new job again - I can take these skills I am learning now and hope and pray I earn the right to be paid well and treated well wherever I end up next.  So I am so appreciateve of this learning setting look forward to taking the 4 additional assigned courses.

I have taken away from this module how to better understand team members and communicate with them in a way that best suits their orginazational prioroties. Looking at each team member as an individual and acting accordingly to each situation. 

Leadership is about creating a vision, allowing others to participate while listening and encouraging to attain the goals set

It is a great course to learn about leadership skills and quality and it should be completed  by institution heads.

This was an interesting. Many great topics that I am currently dealing with. I think this will prove to be very useful in the near future.

I enjoyed the training as it reinforced a lot of things that I knew and it helped me to go back to certain fundamentals that I can use at my workplace. Leadership is a life long process - there is always something you learn that guides you along the way.

Asking the employee what motivates them is a great idea!

Sign In to comment