Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

Michelle,

Do you mean rubric template and not resume template? We can find many online and them tweak them to meet our needs. Thanks!

I have used rubrics that I found searching through Google, but I have never used a generator. I may try that now.

Christen Embry

I never even thought of using an online site. I clicked the 2 links in the last section and look forward to learning more. I also look forward what I find when I google my certain areas for my profession. Thank you.

Christen,

The kicker many times is that when we find rubrics that are already made, we typically need to tweak them. So, when you begin to generate your own, you can save them and tweak them as you need to. Thanks.

Kathy,

We keep searching and we keep learning. We are in a lifelong learning business. Thanks.

I have never used an online source for creating my rubrics. To be honest, I had never thought of that. However, I will definitely google rubrics and see if I can improve my current rubrics. I also like to see what other rubric are created and to find a rubric that will provide effective student feedback yet also make it time efficient for me.

Jeannie,

It's always good to see what's out there. I typically have to tweak what I fine, but don't have to start from scratch. I have even found rubrics on Pinterest.

I often look into the resources publishers offer to see if there are any rubrics associated with assignments that are linked to the text. Sometimes publishers offer specific rubrics, and more often than not they offer general rubrics. It could be that because I teach writing courses it is easier for publishers to offer such resources compared to other disciplines. Whatever the case, it is a place to look! ~Melissa

Melissa,

Good point. We don't have to reinvent the wheel for sure if they are provided. I find many times that I do tweak these as well though. Thanks!

Dr. Tena B. Crews

I haven't ever used online resources to create a rubric. I am going to start now that I have taken this course and see there are many out there. I usually have just used rubrics I have had and then modify them to fit the need of the class I am teaching now.

I create my own according to each class I teach. A general outline is the best format to begin and then I refine as necessary

Carolyn,

Good. Glad you got some good ideas from these forums. Keep learning. It's a never ending process. ;-)

Rebecca,

Sounds like you have a system that works for you. I can see where an outline would come in handy. Nice job.

I have not used online resources or generators to create a rubric but I will use some of the provided suggestions and try it out. Mainly, I haven't used a generator because I have used a template of my own or was given a rubric by the school to follow. I'm interested in seeing how these generators work though. It seems like a neat tool. I'm sure I will use a rubric generator at some point in future courses.

Christina,

It's great to try new things. Why not. Even though I used rubric generators or find one online, I still tweak it to meet my needs. Thanks!

I would first look at the Terminal Course Objectives to ensure that they are being met in the assignment. I will often view rubrics used from previous instructors or past classes as a basis for guidelines, and then tweak each part significantly to fit into the requirements of the assignment.

Patrice Nybro

Patrice,

Keeping those learning objectives in the forefront of all you do is essential. Thanks for reminding us of that.

hello
there are many out there but this one seems promising:
http://rubistar.4teachers.org/index.php
it's good start but you will want to tailor it to whatever specific subject you are working with

William,

I agree. Many instructors use Rubistar. I many times start with a rubric generator, but then tweak it to make it my own and to make it match the course/learning objectives. Thanks!

At my campus rubistar.4teachers.org is recommended to create a rubric for our classes. I haven't used it yet but I am planing on it.

Sign In to comment