Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

The \first \time I \decided \I \wanted \to \use \a \rubric, I tried to Google examples, but \I \got \too caught \up \in \the \specifics of the \example and found \it \hard to make \it \\relate to \my \class. I \ended \up just \creating \my own \in Excel.

Courtney,

What's up withe \ in your post? I typically find a rubric to give me some suggestions on criteria, but then tweak it to make it my own. Sounds like you do the same. Thanks!

Robin,

Good point. It is important to make sure the rubrics you develop match the learning objectives. Thanks for your input.

I am interested in using a variety of generators.

With most online programs - I've found the rubric to be an extension of he assignments. Using a spreadsheet - I go overt the key component and requirements of the assignment and assess the main points and assign value. Within that is a clear description of each part of the assignment and it's relative value and expectation.

Most courses I tech online have content already established, and I rely on the objectives of the assignment to build the rubric.

Jeremy,

Have you used any generators to this point or have you just made your own rubrics? I do both. Just wondering what you were doing.

Daniel,

Sounds like you have a system on how you create and use your rubrics. Thanks for your input.

I followed the course suggestion and ‘googled ‘ it, here are some online rubric tools I found:
http://www.teach-nology.com/web_tools/rubrics/general/
http://www.rcampus.com/indexrubric.cfm
I personally liked the rcampus website and tool, it seems easiest to navigate and use and it was the second option in the text.

There seems to be a host of sites that can assist in developing rubrics. Just by a simple google of rubric generators, I found the following:
1. Rubistar Rubric Tool
2. Landmark Project Rubric Builder
3. Rubric and Assessment Generator
4. Rubric Maker Scholastic

There was also a site that provided about 20 examples of rubrics. This was a great exercise. These sites will be very useful as I begin to develop rubrics for my courses.

I started out using Rubistar and quickly learned to design my own rubrics. It was an excellent tutorial on good wording to use in the descriptors of a rubric.

Sign In to comment