Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

Recommendations for lab kits that can be purchased as part of course fees is a great suggestion; as well as the idea of instructor lead video experiments that can potentially be replicated by the students. 

I learned using videos to conduct experiments appears to take a lot of time for both the student and the teacher. I like a collection of numerous images documenting the experiment.

Asynchronous learning requires a new of thinking about how instructors deliver course content. Making it both fun and educational will require much thought and planning. Both the instructor and student must communicate with each other about how the course design helps obtain the learning outcomes desired. 

La tecnología es hoy en día un gran aliado para todos los que incursionamos en el mundo de la educación ya sea como estudiantes o docentes; no obstante, considero que no todos estan listo para hacer uso adecuado de la tecnología y estas metodologpias modernas. Es un gran desafio el que se plantea en los cursos asincrónicos.

Debemos considerar un conjunto de habilidades que debe poseer tanto el alumno como el docente para que pueda obtenerse un aprendizaje significativo y construir un sentido de pertenencia para evitar perder la motivación.

Lab exercises have to looked at to see if they can be replicated at home.

I am thinking of including more assignments that would include a video diary or video project as the answer instead of a paper or discussion post so that the students can feel more involved with the class.

We live in a 24/7 world. Education needs to keep pace with student expectations.

There is no doubt that one of the single most important elements in student success, is the ability to interact with the instructor.  With some thought and creativity, this can absolutely be achieved in an asynchronous environment.

Utilizing YouTube to give online instructions to students.

After reviewing this module, it is clear the instructor needs to be very intentional with a communication plan.  In order to support the student, the instructor should provide rubrics/standards needed to successfully accomplish the course.   In addition, the instructor needs to reflect on the expectations to ensure they are achievable and realistic given the technology available to the students. "Communicate early and often" will be my mantra.

I found the additional ideas and tools discussed in the course very helpful.  I will be implementing these strategies: using wikis and blogs; using video interviews or video reflection; having students create music videos or songs reflecting on course materials; having students create online collages or infographics to reflect on learning; and allowing students to videotape their experiments and post online.

Keep in mind that instructors should not penalize a student based on their lack of access to technology

You need a steady reliable internet source and a computer.

Sign In to comment