Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

The critical thinking activity.  An alternative is to use test review to develop critical thinking ability: after a test has been completed and the instructor is reviewing it with students, the instructor can change one data point in a question and/or response list and then ask the students, “How would this change the outcome?” I plan to use this method.

valuable information to learn different forms of assessments

Holistic assessments are better for learning than some traditional techniques that might rely only on memorization of material. Teachers can improve the learning environment by employing techniques that aim at holistic assessments with technologies that support this. Innovation, design and application shaped by desired learning outcomes should drive assessment development.

Holistic assessment is more likely to engage students and when they apply their knowledge to real world experiences personal to them, it makes the knowledge not only more applicable but gives them more confidence in that knowledge.

Learning comes in different forms.  Testing does not have to be the only way to discern what our students are capable of doing.

This learning has allowed me the opportunity to change the way that I think about assessments. Assessments should be student driven and focus on gleaning information about what the student has learned.

Learning outcomes must be what drives the assessment of learning and holistic assessment helps students feel empowered. 

Holistic assessments allow students to use multiple types of learning.

Sign In to comment