Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

Maximizing Student Output | Origin: EL107

This is a general discussion forum for the following learning topic:

Designing Dynamic and Technology-Rich Learning Environments --> Maximizing Student Output

Post what you've learned about this topic and how you intend to apply it. Feel free to post questions and comments too.

I have learned more about what is needed for a student who is studying online, and the different measure that has to be taking. Also the teachers have to make sure all of their students are  getting the material that they need to be successful in the class.

Great infofrmation will apply to on-line courses

Being prepared for your classroom is extremely important as well as assessment of your students work that they present. There are many different types of learners, adapting to your students different learning types is the challenge.

In Customizing Student Output: One benefit of learning what instructional technology tools can offer is to promote the production of learning. Learning outcomes for any course of study should demonstrate a direct application to the real world in relevance and use. Through good instructional planning and realistic assessment, teachers provide students with opportunities to see first-hand how what they have learned applies to real life, employment, and ongoing learning. Creating a learning environment for students, using new technology tools, within which students can produce their own work and see it connect to the real world is critical to encouraging students to take ownership of their learning. They become excited as they continue to learn, and their production will increase.

I have learned that I must remain an expert connector within the classroom in order to provide a dynamic learning environment.  I want to remind students that what they are learning can be used in the real life, employemnt and their ongoing learning in school.  This type of environment will allow for students to take ownership of their learning. 

Within this module, I also learned about working individually and collaboratively.  I also was introduced to the benefits of holistic assessment as a probect based thinking activity.  

I will be utilizing the portfolio as an assessment tool for Work Based Learning.  in my Marketing classes, I look forward to developing the 3 C's skills and research skills in students.  

The benefits of using technology tools are: able to customize student learning and output, promote individual learning, provide a dynamic learning environment, provide students with real-world application of knowledge, allow students to customize their own learning. Project-based learning provides opportunities for students to use critical thinking skills and is able to apply their new knowledge to a real-life situation such as employment.

Great content, can't wait to apply it.

Work products in online learning takes various forms, and may consist of group or individual assignments. New teaching methods are required for this, particularly, starting with the end in mind. When planning online learning products, we must be sure to analyze and verbalize what is expected, what the criteria will be and the options with which it may be presented. Group projects maximize learning among and from peers, and portfolios allow students to present their best work, demonstratiing their knowledge and illustrating thei individual learning paths.

I love that they mentioned portfolios.  I love the use of portfolios to illustrate and document the student's achievement. 

This forum has enlightened my on the benefits interactive white boards, wikis and blogs as well as tablets to encourage student collaboration and development of content themes and a way to promote student involvement. I will incorporate the mobility concept within my class, which will allow for organized and continuous learning.

I learned in order for project-based learning to be effective it must be relevant and apply to real life.

Need to make sure I am maximizing multiple ways for information to be given to the students so it is effective for all students. 

I have learned how important portfolios are.  

The three "C's" for group or pair work:  Collaboration, cooperation, compromise.

The use of portfolios should be strongly encouraged, especially when you have students seeking a career in healthcare. There are so many items to maintain and organize which makes portfolios ideal for my students. I also deal a lot with accreditation and, for site visits, it is vital that I be able to shown work products for all of my students.

Use of end based ideas in mind help us to create our instruction.   This helps us work from the end of our concept back to the begining so we know what the end knowledge will be.  We also found out that portfolios can be used to assess and display the students knowledge of the topic.

Holistic Approach is a better assessment tool than a final exam.  This gives the instructor the true "picture" of what a student has learned.

Creating ways for students to interact with each other is important.  Starting with the end in mind when planning a lesson is the besst.  You can develop activites that support student learning outcomes that allow them to showcase their learning.  a portfolio is a good way of assessing content knowledge because it allows studens to choose their best work for the final grading process.

The learning curve of online learning is ever changing, which is a helpful commuincation to students. The fact of working backwards is very interesting!

Sign In to comment