Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

Maximizing Content Input | Origin: EL107

This is a general discussion forum for the following learning topic:

Designing Dynamic and Technology-Rich Learning Environments --> Maximizing Content Input

Post what you've learned about this topic and how you intend to apply it. Feel free to post questions and comments too.

Very useful, looking forward to adding sratagies to on-line teaching

From Linear to customized changes in the iformation processing. MMCs = multipoint mobile connections.

In Exploring Input and Today's Students: Customization is key here. This involves providing multiple ways to assimilate subject material, such as textbooks, audio files, digital books, or images and graphs. It also implies customization and flexibility within those formats. With this kind of flexibility, students have access to the material that best suits their needs. This is useful for children with disabilities such as dyslexia, as well as for average students who simply perform better when listening to instruction than when reading, for example.

understanding different learning styles and applying different input, output, interacation, and assesment avenues will be challenging and fun to create in order to reach our diverse student population.

All of the information was very useful and it will be good to use all of the strategies presented. 

This module allowed me to learn that insturctional design must maximize reality of how students think.  Multipoint Mobile Connections help students maixmize theirs cnnections with teacher, other students, and the community. 

When discussing the possible options for student learning and input, the only possible way to reach all learners is to customize each of their learning experiences. Customization means that students will learn in multiple ways( using textbooks, videos, audio, etc) at different times and with different materials (textbooks, internet, alternate materials). Providing multiple ways for students to learn the content and providing multiple ways for students to input their learning is the kind of customized learning environment teachers should strive to provide for all their students.

It's important as an educator that diversity is the forefront of your planning. Student's not only learn at different levels but through different styles.  

The well-managed use of internet, printed, and media resources can be more incusive thann traditional learning models, as learners with plethora learning styles can access content in the way they prefer, and accomplish learning production through the medium best suited to their specific learnning style. The internet can also produce increased opportunity for communication and interaction. This changes the role of instructor from presenter and assessor to that of facilitator, increases social learning, as students see their peers utilizing technologies in myriad ways, and enpowers the demonstration of multiple forms of intelligence.

The information covers basic concepts of creating a course with instructional considerations. 

It's often overlooked, but it's important for new educators to learn about the different characteristics and categroies of learning styles.  Most individuals have the best of intentions when designing courses, information like this allows them to be aware of there students and go beyond the content and learner outcomes.

This forum’s main focus is on understanding the various learning styles of online students to ensure equity and equality. I gained an understanding on how this generation of students are nomadic, meaning technology has afforded them the opportunity to learn anywhere using digital devices. I learned a term that I was unfamiliar with and that is the concept of mobile multi-connections, referring to blogs, wikis, twitter and live-feed connections.

I learned that it is important to provide time for students to process the information they have just interacted with and that this is often overlooked in the learning process. Students should be encouraged to be aware of their individual learning styles this way the students will be more engaged and productive in their learning.

I have learned about the various forms of learners and how to reach them.  

Though it was a lot to digest in one place, I appreciated the table comparing the 4 different models for identifying learning types.  Often only one model gets attention.  I think it's good to use what is helpful from each of them.

I frequently take different learning styles and personality assessments to see if I have changed. I appreciate when students complete the same tools so they can have a better understanding of how they learn and how the fit into a group setting. Maximizing content input only increases our ability to reach every student.

We must allow the students to digest the information and make sure that they understand the content.  We have to ensure we reach all different levels of learners and the way they conceptionalize the instruction.  Some are visual, some are auditory and some are hands on.

addressing and meeting all learning styles is imperative to a successful hybrid experience for the instructor and the students.

That virtual lessons allows you to teach to all the learning types and allows everyone to be successful! 

Sign In to comment