Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

I have used hang man to learn new terminology.

I used cross word puzzles and a modified jeopardy version game in my classroom. Our jeopardy created a contest between our pharmacy and medical allied students. The PT students were provided PT related questions and medical allied students were provided medical questions. It formed a bond between the students in different programs.

We typically do jeopardy, crosswords, or bingo.

I like the whole brain organizer idea and I'll be trying this out with a student during their tutoring session.

I have created Jeopardy games i have also created some critical thinking game to help the syudent learn to think outside the box.

Before I had gone through this course, I have had classes do games of Concentration with flashcards of terms and definitions and have done matching games on the whiteboard. For most students, these are great tactics and I see better test results.

I have recently started using cool-aide to help with reconstitution and solution problems in pharmacology. It seems to help drive the point home, plus they can drink it at the end!

I use a jeopardy type game. I create categories related to whatever topic we are discussing in class. Each category has 5 questions ranging form 100 to 500 points, with the 500 ponts being the most difficult. I then divide the class into two team, the teams take turns choosing a category and if they answer the question correctly they the points. Whichever team has the most ponts at the end of the game wins.

Dr. Lindsay, Jeopardy seems to be both popular and successful for instructors to use with a variety of content.

Michele Deck

Sarah, I haven't used cool-aide, but this is a terrific idea. Thanks for sharing it with all of us!

Michele Deck

I have student groups make review games for finals. They really enjoy making up the games and it is a great way to review prior to the final. I have had bowling, chutes and ladders, bingo, all types of games. The students seem to really enjoy and learn from these activities.

Kim, they learn without focusing on the learning, which helps incorporate fun and positive emotion into the process of learning. Great job!

Michele Deck

I have mainly used activities that come with the textbook CD. I have also used jeopardy, wheel of fortune, crossword puzzles. The post-it notes are a good idea and I will try to use that activity in the future.

Kamice, you will be amazed by the amount of energy and memory of content that trivia will create in your classes.

Michele Deck

• Mapping the chapter
• Allowing student to come up with test questions and practice those at the end
• Group notecard activities
• Group talking it out

Activities that I have used in the past is crossword puzzles. Using crossword puzzle help the student recognize the information by meaning not just by the letters.

By using this method I have found students grades have inproved more significantly than if they are playing the game of hangman or seek-a-word.

When I hand out a crossword puzzles the students begin looking through the chapter of the book and it is amazing how the student begin to see thing that they did not remember. I feel that this a great way to learn because the student learn by searching. Almost like a treasure hunt.

Tina, a treasure hunt is a great idea, as it uses the textbook and helps the learners see what they don't know.

Michele Deck

I work with a group of 37 students using the treasure hunt as a review for next week test. I anxious to see the results.

Tina

I have used tape and poste notes to label the body part. which i still use I still use bingo, jeporady, quizz quistion of the day.

Danielle, I would think this is a very helpful way for students to visualize where body parts are internally.

Michele Deck

Sign In to comment