Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

In A&P we have students line up and tape table paper on the wall, and draw the human skeletal system and label it, This activity keeps them engaged and motivated and helps them learn the skeletal system a bit easier.

Bridgette, thank you for sharing your highly visual and hands on teaching strategy. I appreciate it!

Michele Deck

In the past I had students do a Vocabulary Glossary for a Medical-related TV show. Each student chose a 1 hour TV show that they can watch over and over again. They collect all the medical terms from that show. They then alphabetize them and look up their definitions and break them down into their word parts and define the word parts. Each student then presented their project to the class with a short synopsis of the show and pressented some of the medical terms that were used.

In the future, I would like to implement Draw a term as well. It is a fun interactive and unexpected activity for early morning and night students.

Chrystal, thank you for sharing this involving teaching idea. Now, others can benefit from your experience.

Michele Deck

I've used Jeopardy and Bingo in the past, as well as a version of Concentration. I love the online resources that students can access with their textbooks, and sometimes I have one of them log on in the classroom and we play games on the website!

Susan, it is great to have the student direct this activity. It models to the rest the resources they can access at home.

Michele Deck

With medical terminology, I hand out index cards. One with terms and the other with definition. After each student has one, they all have to pair themselves up with their match. They then become partners in the group activity for the day.

Denise, I have used this strategy myself and have seen great success using it.

Michele Deck

Sign In to comment