Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

I hope you give mystery weekly term with much success.

students love games, mine love hangman.

Hangman is a familiar and fun approach, too.

The games that I choose to use in my class depends on the type of students I have. Every module I change it, I have used hangman, matching cards, wheel of fortune. Now doing this coarse I have more game ideas that I can use.

Jumana, it is a good plan to change what activities you do based on the type of student you have.

I use all kinds of individualized activities. I especially like cryptograms as they allow the students to use a different way of thinking and reinforces a term, phrase or pertinent topic we are currently discussing in class. Students find them challenging but are very pleased if they solve them. I will count them as extra credit, homework or a class assignment.

From my experience, games like crossword puzzles, jeopardy, wheel of fortune help to maintain student focus. It gives them a sense of competitiveness, victory and accomplishment.

Individualized activities help develop critical thinking, also. I'd love to see a sample of a cryptogram or two you use. Can you send me one or two? Thanks!

Victory and accomplishment are 2 things that we want our learners to feel. Thanks for sharing, Harprit!

I have used flash cards many times--the students enjoy the competition and the learning is a lot more fun for the ones who are struggling.

I suggest to students to ask their children to help them with the flash cards at home--the kids think it's great that Mom/Dad has homework and they can help.

Mary, as you can see, many of the other educators like flash cards, too.

Great twist to help the children understand and support their parents who are back in school.

The courses give new and innovative ideas to instructors to enhance the learning environment in the room and engage the students to the maximum.

Hope this course has helped you in your teaching strategies and activity possibilities.

I have used cross word puzzles in my classroom , but I already like the idea of " Make Me a Match Card". It sounds like an energetic activity and I will most likely be implementing it in my classroom in the future.

Make me a match activity is indeed a way to physically and mentally involve students in a positive way.

There were many of these types of activites included in the resource materials for a class I taught recently. The students really enjoyed these, and I made it inot a packet that they used as a "study guide". I found it to be an enjoyable and effective method for review of the material.

I think the idea of using them as quizzes is excellent! I have never thought about doing that before.

Doing course activities in between classes are alwasy good, because when the students begin to die down after a long day of class, it wakes them back up; well also putting the material in there head in a fun enjoyable manner.

Sign In to comment