Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

The type of feedback you can provide can be in the form of a review session for the exam.

I thought the crossword puzzle would be great. Can't wait to try it.

Leslie, many people have had success with these puzzles.

Michele Deck

I am eager to begin using both the group and individual activities when school begins. I think I will be more mindful to include activities that appeal to all students vs. always relying on the group/outgoing activities.

sometime I use word puzzles,word search is a good idea. Next time I will try in my teaching methods.

Sultana, if you have done these puzzles for fun, you know they can be challenging. When using content in them, they become learning tools.

Michele Deck

My students love activities like the ones stated in the course. They are very competitive. It helps reinforce the material they learned. They study more to prepare for the next activity.

Catherine, it is true that most Americans enjoy friendly competition, which can motivate them to learn.

Michele Deck

Any activity in which we can get students thinking, writing, and talking in these terms its a great idea.

This activity is mind pleasing. It will keep your mind open and attentive to new ideas. I like these activities because you can do them individually or as a group.

Equanda, there is some flexibility built into these activities so that they are adaptable to a variety of content and learners.

Michele Deck

I have noticed the students like the crossword puzzles and the word search. This activity is the one time they can share answers.

Wendy, it also helps with the correct spelling of terms and conditions.

Michele Deck

These activities give me an opportunity to see areas of strength and possible gaps in my students' knowledge.

Over and over, I see weakness in math and medical terminology with my nursing students. I find these topics require a lot of repetition to really get it.

Yesterday in my clinical post-conference, I gave my students a list of medical terms. I chose three terms from each letter of the alphabet. I thought it would be a good review of more basic terms, but also cover more complex definitions.

Well, they hated it.

Now that I've reviewed this module, I'm thinking I might try the crossword puzzle and/or word search to get excited about medical terminology.

Students can get immediate feedback after doing these type of activities. You can bring in a key they can check after they are done.

Hudson, the only way we discover ideas that work are to try them. If they work, great! If not, try something else like a crossword. I admire thst you are willing to try new things.

Michele Deck

I usually offer crossword puzzles or word searches as bonus point for students. Not all students enjoy cross words or word searches, I know I was not a fan when I was in school.

I like the idea of giving the students something to do while the others finish a test. I will check out discovery.com. Thank you for the info.

Amy, this is a great resource you have mentioned.

Michele Deck

I've used crosswords before but I find when I get my students up and moving, they tend to engage and remember the content a lot more.

Sign In to comment