Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

Teaching Strategy

Which teaching strategy fits your teaching style and content best, and why?

I believe they all do to some degree because I love to break up class and have some fun with it. These are very good ideas and I'm planning on trying them all out in our new term!

A good teacher is always willing to be a learner herself. Good luck in the new term!

My teaching strategy that I sometimes use is the Wheel of Supplies.With the Wheel of Supplies teaching strategy I can teach information without always having the supplies around or on hand.

Great idea! I am always amazed at how they compete to learn supplies without knowing it, Morgan.

It is the same for me. These strategies are engaging and enhance the information given to the students. All strategies would apply to my class.

I'm glad all of them apply to your class. I hope you try one in the next week or two.

I could use most of these in my class. I really enjoy trying new fun activities.

New activities can reenergize the instructor and the students. I hope you have great success with these ideas

Eyes and ears. For I agree with what the strategy promotes."In order to be successful in a health career, one must be able to use more than one sense at a time. They must be able to observe visually while listening, feeling and even noticing smells. The best assessment skills can always be improved." This can teach learners to be more observant in future situations and gives them insight into their own perceptive abilities.
We do health assessments every clinical day. By practicing these strategies and philosphies the students should be able to gain profiency by the end of the term.
Mariann U

Glad you liked this strategy, Mariann. I know the more aware we make our students of their sensory input, the better they will be on the job.

Since I am a clinical nursing instructor and supplies are sometimes limited I find the Wheel of Supplies a good and effective teaching strategy.
Mariann U

As we often times do not have all the equipment or supplies available to us as instructors, the wheel of supplies would benefit my classes. The exercise where students us more than one sense to assess is an awesome idea as well.

Martha, I'm so glad this idea will help you. It is important we have learners use more than one sense to learn.

I like the wheel method as well as direct interaction from students

Paul, I hope you try these ideas with the people you teach. Thanks for sharing your favorite

I have done What is wrong with this picture and used our mannequins in the lab. I set up several situations and have the students collect data on the scenerios. It is fun for them and myself. They seem to really learn and enjoy it as well.

I myself have used the Weakest Activity. i just didn't call it that.
I like that activity because it has the learners thinking and with each others responses it lets them discuss why or why not they were incorrect.

Did you use the same categories or others?

Eyes and ears fits me best. Sometimes I feel like I am saying the same thing over and over again each time I teach the subjects. This strategy is a great, fresh idea on how to teach a very important topic. It will get the idea across to the students without having to say the same thing over and over to them.

Sign In to comment