Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

The t shirt idea would be great because anatomy is a difficult subject in that there is a lot to memorize so making the class is fun is important to gain students attention.

rominder, yes some find anatomy dry and boring, but we know it is not.

Michele Deck

I definitely love the T-shirt idea, it serves as a reinforce, memory jogger, a test or a simple fun learning activity. I think that students would benefit from this as they will use ‘visual’ as a strategy to learn the correct answers.

I love the t-shirt idea but I think I will have my students focus on the bones (I teach x-ray). and then have them label the bones also telling what exams we do on those bones.

alma, this idea also offers students something to keep at home after the lesson is over.

Michele Deck

I teach veterinary technology; we already use the edible cell contest (students compete for best overall cell, tastiest cell, most creative cell), I could adapt the T-shirt for dogs; have the students draw on shirts that they place on a stuffed dog, or on their own dogs at home.

Janelle, I really like the adaptation to the T-shirt with a dog. Most people have a stuffed dog in their life.

Michele Deck

I like the Story of Life for teaching CPR. I would probably draw a check mark rather than have them envision it and check in the air.

I really love the acronyms w/ a story! This was a useful tool that I used myself when I was in nursing school. To this day, 10 years later, I can still remember every little ditty that I made up and used. I also share these with my classes to help enhance their learning and understanding.

I like the idea of placing the cardiovascular system on a sheet and have the students trace the path of a drop of blood thru the heart. This really helps reinforce what you want the students to remember.

Hi,
The blood pressure cuff on the soda bottle is an awesome idea. No one likes the feeling of a tight cuff for too long. Practicing the correct speed of deflation will definitely boost the students' confidence in taking blood pressures.

Dena, it doesn't take much time to use this strategy, and and you say, you can remember things from many years ago with it.

Michele Deck

Marybeth, you can also have the class draw the pathway in chalk on a sidewalk.

Michele Deck

Gayle, you can anchor the bottles or let them move freely if using this idea.

Michele Deck

The t-shirt method would be awesome to use for building anatomy knowledge while teaching ultrasound scanning techniques. Now to find cheap white tshirts!

The T shirt idea is wonderful and effective. I had a student who cut out the body parts in felt and stitched them on! I'm going to do the flat sheet heart for the next cardiovascular class.Great idea!

Dawn, if you can't fins cheap white shirts, ask students to bring in a old light colored t shirt, turn it inside out and have them draw on that side.

Michele Deck

I like using the candy in our A & P classes dealing with the structure of the cells as this can be a difficult section to address. And- they can eat the results as rewards after doing well in the discussions. I would explore using this example in Pathology along with jello molds to show some diseases graphically. Don't think I could stomach eating real brains tho!

Lawrence, I agree it would be hard to eat something that your associated with the look and feel of the human brain!

Michele Deck

I love the cardiac circulation path drawn on a sheet! I will definitely be using this!

Sign In to comment