Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

The "incredible edible cell" method definitely helps with cellular biology by allowing the students to compare cell parts to food. I really like this idea. it also adds some fun to it.

Valerie, it is sometimes hard to teach this content in a fun way. I agree this is one way to make it fun.

Michele Deck

I teach Cellular Biology as a part of my 1st term Veterinary Technology class. I can't wait to use the Incredible Edible Cell. The class will be at night and it is always difficult to keep the students engaged. This will be a fun way to learn the parts of the cell!

Lisa, night classes are sometimes the most challenging to keep engaged. I'm glad this activity is a match for your content.

Michele Deck

The method that I would adapt to fit the difficult content that I teach is the T-shirt exercise this would give help students with location of organs, and allow them to utilize directional terms from an anatomical standpoint.

The t-shirt activity is cool. We actually use facepaint markers and draw right on the students.

Jill, I hadn't thought of that adaptation, but will try it in the future!

Michele Deck

I am a pharmacology instructor, and have thought about making a large cardboard figure of a human. Have students write the name of drugs over the part of the body that the medication will affect.

Rachel, I really like this idea and will use it next time I teach pharmacology topics.

Michele Deck

The T-shirt or shower cap, maybe add different colors

The t-shirt idea is great! I'm looking forward to using this method next week. This unique idea will keep my students engaged in learning instead of suffering through lecture!

Ruth, I wish you much success with this idea. I have seen it be very successful.

Michele Deck

Christopher, you can find these at dollar stores.

Michele Deck

The T=shirt assessment would be best. I would also have them name the orgaans, bones, etc. and any other pertinent information about those body parts.

Jon, this is a popular method for the reasons you have listed above.

Michele Deck

T-Shirt assessment would be great to illustrate spatial relationship of organs. I would use the sides and back, too: different scanning planes in Sonography.

Utilize individual students knowledge on related topics to their personal experience or knowledge thereof

Sign In to comment