Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

Adapted Teaching Method

What method could be adapted to best fit a difficult part of your content, and what changes would you make?

I really like the T-Shirt method for the organs. I think this would be a really good idea when talking about these organs in Anatomy. I also like the heart on the flat-sheet. This is another great idea because my students always have a difficult time learning about the heart and how the blood travels through it.

Thanks for sharing what you like. It is faster sometimes to teach with visual and hands on methods than by lecture alone.

I will try the T-shirt method to anatomy and physiology class. I believe it will be an effective learning tool.
Mariann U

You can ask the students to provide the t-shirt or have then cut them front and back out of flip chart paper.

I too believe that the T Shirt Method is something that would be effective. I believe that this method allows the student to demonstrate their knowledge on the parts of the body.
The thing that I would different is that I would make it more of a challenge by having the students study the anatomy the night before and then have them illustrate what they remembered. I would use it as a pop quiz method.

The T-shirt assessment. I think it could also be used as a hands on Lab exam.

I believe the story telling/singing method would be an effective classroom technique. Just as acronyms helps memory this will help students to remember difficult topics.

Gina, many people remember those techniques versus straight lecture. Hope you enjoy using these.

At the school that I instruct, our teachers use colored chalk on side walks to thrace the flow of blood thru the heart. They break into teams and the team that finishes first and is correct gets bonus point.

I like the chalk idea because it is not a permanent surface, but can be created over and over.

The thinking breaks. I find them to be the most effective tools for teaching common and uncommon situations that a MA might encounter in the workplace.

I really like the Tshirt method. I think I will try that in my class

I like the Tshirt idea for the internal organs, or the sheet for blood flow. Making motions to track the flow of blood will be beneficial to making it stick in the students' minds.

I like to give these thinking breaks to reengage and refocus students' attention as necessary.

The really like the event cards. I will be using this in my class for now on.

Shanna, event cards can be used in so many ways. I'm glad this is an idea you can use. Enjoy!

Currently, I am teaching a Human Anat and Physio class. I really thought the T-Shirt idea was creative. I'm not sure whether I would do the exercise in class. I like the idea of using it as more of a at home lab exercise.

When I was in nursing school and I have to learn anatomy and physiology, I colored a lot of illustration so I can remember well. Coloring enhanced my memory and makes it easy to learn the material.

Angel, any way you can adapt these ideas to make them work for your class is a good thing. Creating a home lab exercise of it sounds like a great strategy.

Sign In to comment