Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

Innovative Learning Technologies | Origin: ED204

This is a general discussion forum for the following learning topic:

Tomorrow's Learning Environment Today --> Innovative Learning Technologies

Post what you've learned about this topic and how you intend to apply it. Feel free to post questions and comments too.

Innovative learning technology gives people an opportunity to interact with other students from various parts of the world , it also gives the faculty an opportunity to be a coach and support students.

Innovative learning technologies provide the opportunity for students to work at their own pace within a defined time frame.  The advantage to this is that it allows a flexible learning schedule so that students can devote quality time to learning the material.  One disadvantage is that the use of innovative learning technologies requires a high level of discipline and committment in order to compete assignments.  I intend to continue using on-line interactive discussion boards in the classroom to emphasize and reiterate content.

Always be willing to try new teaching techniques to get across to the new style of student learning.

The idea of e-learning is important no more than ever with the pandemic. It is scary to think what would be happening in schools across the country if we didnt have web based learning platforms to continue educating the students. We have a long way to go in order to bring them up to the level that colleges and universities are at where programs are done completely online but because of the pandemic, I see that change coming sooner rather than later

Since e-learning courses tend to be self-directed, it is important to maintain the learner's motivation. Some interactive features in e-learning courses can help students engage their learning. Interactivity can include animations, simulations and drag-and-drop quiz activities.

I've  learned that so many of the 'radical' teaching technologies I've used over the years are actually extremely effective for student learning.  This course validates my opinion.  I'm a total tech geek.  Master's Degree in VR, I work (and play) in immersive environments, have attended many Educators in VR events and classes.  I've found over my career, that intention-based, experientical learning is by far the most effective - for comprehension and life-long retention.  I'm excited about the new technologies emerging in Education - and I hope to be one of the early pioneers of teaching experiential-based subjects in the Immersive Environments. (VR / AR / XR).

E-learning will be helpful for students because they can go at their own pace, within reason. I love the tool for E-portfolios. So not only can we see their work  when they are done, they can show others. With the way the world is at the moment I believe we need to change with the times and with the generations. I believe that technology is our future and the more we can do on it the better for our students.

E-learning and creating online portfolios for assesments is a great idea.  With the current Instagram culture, everyone is taking pictures of their products.  Creating e-portfolios to be submitted is a great and innovative way to use technology in grading and eveluation of performance.

E-learning is a new concept for me as a teacher. I have had several online courses throughout my education and some were great and others were not.  I think that E-learning can be very good for students because we live in a technology-driven world.  Most of my students are very computer savvy and love social media. One obstacle that I have face is keeping my students motivated and engaged in their assignments. I have also had issues with the students completing their work. This school year we have been online and using an online portal for our classes. I have tried to make the assignment engaging and fun with small, multiple attempts quizzes/tests. 

E-learning has its place in education today.  It provides flexability for students, but it does pose many challeneges.  I believe that E-learing is a way to address all student learning styles by having students complete modules that include videos, discussion boards, projects, and assessments like tests.  One challenge is internet speed for some of the programs we currently use.  

Using innovated teaching strategies, policies and technology, student can become engaged, motivated and responsible for his learning.

Technology has opened up students ability to learn from many different places and topic areas.  It allows students to connect and collaborate from around the world and expand their knowledge through others experiences.  It does require discipline and accountability to stay driven and motivated to complete in appropriate time. 

Learning through technologies is not beneficial for all students.  Despite the advantages with cooperative/collaborative learning, somestudents need additional motivations.  Consideration needs to always be given to designing learning that meets student learning styles as well as individual goals and objectives within the framework of the course.  This moves the instructor away from traditionally providing instruction to guiding students into gaining the necessary information for real world application.  

I think the electronical protfolio is a very interesting concept. I'm excited to see it used in my classroom. 

Online learning tends to be self motivated, and older students tend to excel here.

Keep new teaching techniques for the students and keep the class interesting

Keep using new styles to stimulate the learning process.

Technology is changing everyday and it’s important for instructors to be aware.

Keeping new teaching stradagies to keep the students engaged and to excited about learning

Sign In to comment