Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

Where to Begin | Origin: ED119

This is a general discussion forum for the following learning topic:

Using Technology to Engage and Educate --> Where to Begin

Post what you've learned about this topic and how you intend to apply it. Feel free to post questions and comments too.

This course has been insightful. My employer recently switched to a fully electronic currculum so Usint Technoloty to Engage and Educate Students has been an excellent addition to the daily process of eduction. We now use iPads and HP Laptops in eah couse and it has helpde greatly in keeping students on task.

This course offered a lot of online programs and sites to incorporate into any classroom.

We've recently have gone to on-line learning. Included is to contribute to a discussion question due weekly. I think I will set some time aside to discuss the question the day after the due date to course correct and clear up and questions or concerns a learner might have on the subject.

In this module, we were introduced to several programs for dissemnination of information. We were also introduced to the concept of fair-use and copyright.

I learned about how to bring education to life.  I also learned about eBooks and how you can take notes and share them.  It was also good to get a refresher on copyrights and fair use.

This course has helped me with new ideas to create rich, multimedia presentations of lesson material to engage students. 

Research for years has been the go to strategy, but with the use of technology and multimedia, this can become a fun experience for students and will help them better learn what they need to research.

Understanding how to incorporate various methods of technology in a class can help with critical thinking skills.

To be part of professional organizations especially education related organizations help teacher to keep up to date especially in this ever changing technologically advanced global education environment. Getting membership especially with those that are free should be encoyraged.

Reply to Wesley Wright's post:I totally agree with you here Wesley, integrating various technical toold and technology-based learning materials including but not limited varioud social media platforms (not necessarily all at the same time) would enhance learning method and knowledge gaining opportunity for our students. Thank you. Anwar

This material is very useful especially now where we are using online materials inplace of traditional classroom in person instruction.

This course has helped me explore my cirriculum and has inspired ways for me to create multimedia presentations of material to captivate and engage students by actively learning.

Insightful sites have been suggested and many options for technology use in the classroom has been opened up to me.

This has been helpful since we have now switched to all online. I am still not a fan of e-books and prefer a regular text book but I can see how they can be beneficial in some way.

Since my classes are now online until Fall 2021, I have not had the chance to fully comprehend all that I can implement to ensure my students are learning in a virtual environment. The suggestions in this module will come in handy and I intend on applying at least a few of them in my spring semester. 

I am going to try to podcast this term.

I was interested in the information about Purpose Games. I intend to research this and possibly implement into my lectures this spring. 

There have been lots of useful applications suggested for incorporating technology into the classrrom.  This will make reaching our newer generations much easier and keep them involved.

I have learned that there is more social networks outside the classroom that could be great tools for keeping students engaged. 

Sign In to comment