Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

I learned that there are a number of different disabilities that we as teachers, need to be aware of. From physical to mental impairments, we must learn how to effectively reach these students, by being aware of how the disability affects them in the classroom and creating measures to help them in their studies. 

As a disabled instructor, it is important to me that anyone with a disability is considered the equal of all able bodied persons.

I learned a little more about the ADD and ADHD.  The information in the session allowed my mind to go to times I have been around a individual with ADHD and ADD and I can see the bigger problem.  I am thankful I am to tell the difference now that I have read this. 

I have discovered from this course so far that people with disabilities are just as smart as everyone else it just sometimes takes a little longer to process information according to what else is going on with them phyiscally or mentally

There are many different variations of disabilities and I should be prepared to deal with them all.

There are a wide variety of physical and emotional disabilities that instructors must be aware of.

I would ensure that the students accomodations are met to the letter. 

The performance may not match existing potential. Students with learning disabilities generally have average or above average intelligence.

Students with disabilities are often misunderstood, unproperly medicated, and simply have an issue expressing themselves and processing information. These students are often very intelligent.

Students with disabilities can be impacted by their disability differently depending on what their disability is.  Students with disabilities are generally average to above-average learners.  Their unevenness in a specific area may alert parents or service providers that the student may require support or accommodations to support their learning.

I learned that it is very difficult to classify Attention Deficit Disorders. And that some people classify it as a physical disability. 

Just be patient with kids with disabilities

For this class, I learned that being an instructor I should be aware of all the different disabilities that students may have to ensure a successful learning environment

From this course, I learned that medications are not a cure for ADHD or other disorders, it just helps manage them. I would try to incorporate new avenues that would help guide students with these disabilities. 

Sign In to comment