Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

Be respectful of "STUDENTS" regardless of gender, race, age...They come from all different backgrounds and experiences.  Create the expectation of teamwork and respect for all abilities in the classroom.

I also liked the statement, "The teacher's responsibility is to connect content, process and product and the students respond to learning based on readiness, interests and their personal profile."  They need to prepare to arrive ready.  Come with a mind to learn.  And bring themselves the way they.  I'll remind them of their motivations and how to actively apply what they learn.  

Remebering everyone is an individual and avoid sterotyping.

It is important to recognize how other people react to different ways of education and try to create an inclusive plan for all to follow, regaderless of gender, nationality or race.

Everyone is unique in their own way. Therefore, students must be treated equally and fairly to achieve their educational goals. That is why inclusivity is must be applied to a diverse population of students.

In order to guarantee success for all students, their individual characteristics should be considered. Our classrooms have a diverse population and addressing the topic of diversity is fundamental to achieve effective instruction. 

I have learned and can understand from this lession, the importance of inclusivity when teaching students. Understanding that socieconomics, gender biasis and other factors may cause students to feel "disempowered". As an instructor, I never forget how it felt to be a student or even an adult learner when all of my classmates were younger. All biases, any biases need to be identifed and we need to cognisant of that when we are teaching in person and online. 

I find the biggest challenge I currently face in the classroom is the understanding and application of new gender normals.  For years we have lways shouted "Let's go guys" to a group of students regardless of the gender mix of the classroom.  Nowadays that simple statement "Gyys" can be a cause of problems because of it's specific gender identity term, and is something that we should all get away from.

Each student needs to be seen as an individual with different learning styles. Learning needs to be a dynamic process versus a linear process. Teach students how to connect new information to existing information.

How to apply holistic assessment as an instructor, every student is different and has different ways of learning. Acknowledging, each person as an individual.  Creating an inclusive enviroment and showing interest in each one needs. 

Athough we may have been taught a specific perception of a group, we must treat every individual as that. 

I've definitely found using a more flexible model when it comes to teach a diverse classroom is beneficial. I've worked with many students of varying abilities and backgrounds, and being flexible and versatile is a necessity!

be more inclusive in pronouns when telling a story or relating an experience.  He/she/the nurse

each student is anidividual

Diversity is the key to success. Gender should not be an important factor for imparting knowledge and everyone should be trated as equal regardless of the gender orientation.

This is my personal experience in USA

I think that the more we seek to employ non-gendered vocabulary and terminology, the more inclusive our CTE classrooms become. I have noticed that many people are shifting away from terms like "ladies and gentlemen" to address groups and opting for the more universal "y'all" which not only mitigates the assumption of binary, but also provides with a more inclusive way to address diverse gender groups. A lot of the terminology in CTE curriculum is outdated in that regard, and it is important that teachers address and counter those stereotypical examples when they see them in the curriculum and in the classroom. 

I feel language is very important. Gender-inclusive language sets a model for the community to follow. 

i realized that i have been guilty of gender jokes and will refocus my efforts to be more inclusive and not marginalize for the "laugh."

An important fact was that people stereotype because "it's easy" however, making assumptions and stereotyping diminishes character and can be harmful to a student's success.

Schema are important because each person thinks, perceives, and understands through their own specific schema. 

Sign In to comment