Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

I believe providing them an outline to take notes from gives them a structure to help with understanding how notes can help them learn. I have a student who suffers from background noise issues, so I will wear a recording device as needed so the student can hear and playback my notes of instruction. So accomodations need to be followed and will truly help the student.

I haven't worked with students with disabilities in a few years, and I am pleasantly surprised at the number of apps that can support and enhance accommodations. It's amazing what some of them can do!

I am glad there is learning apps and options for students with learning disabilities.

I like the guided note taking approach for students with learning disabilities. We also have so much technology that many of these students have grown up with we should definitely be using these apps more in the classroom to accommodate the students with disabilities. Depending on the career path and the safety measures of the job they work on it may actually be acceptable for them to continue using these techniques in their post-secondary and professional endeavors. 

Student with disabilities have resources they can use such as apps. 

Learning more about the apps would be interesting!  If I had that when I was younger, I would have been a much better student. 

I learned that there are so different options for students with learning disabilities. We need to use our resources.

I just wished they had shared some of these apps that people use who have learning disabilities. 

Being a "Dyslexic" myself, having the time to read each Question 2 to 3 times is a big deal. We just need to understand that the student Can be the best student in Class, Always knows the answer in Class, but Fail the test because the student didn't understand the question, given the chance to reread the question 2 or 3 times helps with this problem.  

Access to technology can be a game-changer for students with disabilities.  While we hope that students may have accessed some technology in high school to support their learning, the reality is that many of our older students may not have the same experience.  Having a general understanding of some basic apps and platforms could be very beneficial as an instructor.  Learning about how to make text-friendly for OSR readers or screen readers is a must in terms of access for a high number of students.  I love the idea of the instructor making time to connect with the disability services office to learn about tech supports that students are finding useful.

From the module on Instructional Strategies for Students with Learning Disabilities, I’ve learned about various strategies and approaches that can be effective in supporting these students in the classroom. These include using multisensory techniques, providing explicit instruction, breaking down tasks into smaller steps, and offering frequent feedback and reinforcement.

I intend to apply this knowledge by incorporating these strategies into my teaching practices to better support students with learning disabilities. This may include using visual aids and hands-on activities to make concepts more concrete, providing clear and explicit instructions, and offering additional support and encouragement as needed. Overall, I aim to create a more inclusive and supportive learning environment where all students can thrive.

I have gotten some what is available to students that will help them learn.  I am already taking into consideration my students challenges.  But i think I can do more help them learn more efficiently.

I want my students to always know that no matter what the disability, they have options and I want to be more encouraging to them in class. So they have nothing to fear.

Instructors can adjust their delivery to increase the engagement of their students.

I have learned a lot about the numerous kinds of disabilities and how they affect processing information. I do find it hard to address all of the different problems with many students in a full class of typical students. I do not want to draw attention to them, but find it hard to keep repeating and postponing due dates to allow for additional time. If I allow them to turn it in late, other students want to turn their work in late, too.

Sign In to comment